I'm sorry but Hit Combo is lazy and it has to go

Blizzard Employee 1- “Monk needs another talent what should we do?”
Blizzard Employee 2 - “Just directly add their mastery as a talent”
Blizzard Employee 1 - “Wouldn’t that be boring and force every WW Monk to take it?”
Blizzard Employee 2 - “No one will notice, no one plays the class”

Windwalker is hands down, by far, the most enjoyable class to play and I get Monk is the least played class but there really is no excuse for Hit Combo. Get rid of it

2 Likes

it rewards doing the correct rotation/ability rotation list, I can only assume you cant do that.

1 Like

What makes you say that? Is that really the best you can do to try to insult me?

Maybe you have a hard time with reading comprehension so I will say it in a different way, Hit Combo is simply WW mastery told a different way. Simply add the 6% damage to Mastery and come up with a decent talent

1 Like

Because thats what it does

No I could probably come up with something better if I wanted to insult you

1 Like

Hit Combo might seem lazy but it’s also the only real buff management the spec has and reward for playing mastery well consistently.

Not everyone wants / likes buff management and not everyone values a stacking buff as a visual reward.

Adding it baseline may not the best decision and removing it entirely is probably not an option either. A lot of monks are more outspoken than others on Hit Combo as a topic but nobody has all the information, just their own opinions.

It’s definitely one of the better talent designs in the game it’s just poorly positioned in the talent row we’ve got it on.

The dialogue you’ve given it is also incorrect. Nobodies been forced to run hit combo and its generally not a very prevalent talent until later in the expansion and has been that way for awhile. The compounding effects of tier sets, items, and just getting better gear start to stack up the damage contribution of hit combo at a pace faster than RJW or Xuen scaled on # of targets or main stat.

The amount of damage it contributes also drops significantly on fights with downtime but there is no replacement on the talent row and RJW and Xuen suffer from downtime much worse than HC does.

That said, it’s not an invincible talent or impossible to compete with.

We just need some diversity.

I disagree Talbyy that Hit Combo is our only buff management system.

Our current mastery itself is a buff management system just one that is not visibly displayed like hit combo is.

Basically, every time you use a different attacking ability you gain a buff that increases your next damaging ability by your mastery value.

Hit combo works effectively the same but instead of your mastery value, it is 1% and stacks to a capped amount.

It’s not 100% the same as our mastery but it’s close enough that opinions that say the talent should be replaced by another one that actually adds a new dimension to WW have more than sufficient merit for consideration.

Arguments of Hit Combo’s continued existence due to it being our only form of buff management are not supported if tested as our core mastery system is a non-displayed buff management system.

Hit combo is not even hard to replace as there is one readily available - the Emperor’s Capacitor Legion legendary is a buff management system that could that slot.
Thematically it could be easily incorporated under Xuen and be called something like Xuen’s Furry Coat (hehe - name not serious): Xuen learnt to store static electricity in his coat and unleash this as lightning when he thought opportune.

That would give us 1 ST and 2 AoE (RJW and Dance of Chi Ji) in that talent tier.

I would also argue that it’s stupid that dance of chi ji and RJW are in the same talent tier but that’s another story.

Hit Combo is not flexible like Mastery is. There is more risk and less reward (virtually zero) in a double TP / double BoK and that extends across all forms of content and impacts other talent options, like Serenity.

Mastery does nothing but exist. The gameplay that leads to a rotation of Rising Sun Kick > Fists of Fury > Blackout Kick > Tiger Palm > Blackout Kick is not caused by mastery and your energy / chi values are arguably a larger incentive than mastery alone to weave abilities that way.

Mastery is not what you manage when you play and Hit Combo being considered similar is fine because it really is close but it’s also doing something to the rotation that mastery doesn’t.

It’s fine to consider it being baseline but there’s more to it than it just being a “lazy talent”.

Well, like I said above. There is an inability to repeat the only 3 buttons that matter and resources dictate the rest of the rotation. Mastery is not buff management.

Would be interesting. There are also a few talent options they had in legion & bfa alpha that got scrapped. Those could also return. Who know’s what we’ll actually see though. :thinking:

Yep it’s dull and lacks creativity

1 Like