I'm sad about the Covenants

Them not being an easy swap is the core issue and plenty of us brought it up in the #pulltheripcord thread . We said these problems would happen if the abilities were not separated from the covenants. People were going it will all be ok they will balance them. Blizz hasn’t been able to balance since vanilla launched in 2004 and now that SL has launched to the general public more people are going pull it Blizz.

4 Likes

There are threads every day for the last couple weeks expressing the same sentiment. If Blizzard was going to implement a fix to let people freely pick covenants, they would have done so in Beta or at least expressed they are working on it. Yet they have done nothing. Vote with your wallet. Unsub and let them know the covenants are a game breaking issue for many of their players.

Look at when Torghast got buffed for tanks and healers, making it even more of a slog, tons of threads popped up about unsubbing. They nerfed it again immediately.

Right? I’m with everybody above, the whole “loyalty to just one covenant” idea makes no sense, we should still keep at least the looks we gain from each covenant…

2 Likes

I agree and we were saying this in GD when the Beta was happening.

I think they should separate the abilities from them at least the class ones and make them all work with the covenant we want for looks . All they would need for that to happen would be a conduit that allows the class abilities of another covenant to work with the chosen covenants soul binds. Turn the specific non class ones like Steward , Door of Shadows , Flesh Craft and the Night Fae shape shift (which I should know because my vulpera hunter night fae but cant remember the name ) as zone only open world abilities like the old garrison ones from WoD.

1 Like

Yes I agree here that the covenants and conduit system is not good. I was excited for the conduit system but the drop rate makes it again very limiting.

The covenants, having to pick one honestly is the worst part of this expansion. My alts I dungeon level and dont pick a covenant until the very end when I am forced to get into content. At some level I could make alts without even picking a covenant and still be able to gear and raid.

I’m enjoying Covenants, let people pick whatever they like more, performance between covenants is minimal and not necessary to be competitive, so you can pick whatever feels right for you.

Conduits are also nice, especially cuse i don’t mind grinding M+ to get the one I wanted(Everfrost)

:stuck_out_tongue:

This is nothing like the class hall in Legion. There weren’t specific abilities tied to each class hall that essentially determined whether you would perform well or not in certain types of content.

The only similarity that makes it feel like a class hall is the location itself: an exclusive hub for players of that class/covenant that has a mission table, research NPC, etc.

1 Like

It’s just sad that this one thing ruins what could otherwise be such a great feature/ system.

1 Like

Covenants are a sorry substitute for order halls IMO.

And they did a very poor job of balancing them for most specs.

2 Likes

I was a Warlock Venthyr, casting Impending Catastrophe, is a dps loss, warlock official discord, that I went to for help even suggested removing it from my hotbar… switched to Necrolords still not the best but better then Venthyr.

I’ll be dead in my cold hard grave before my warlock goes to the better picks, soulbinds and utility of Night Fae and Kyrian… I don’t care if Night Fae is currently a 27% dps increase with soul rot…over Necrolords and the gap widens more with night Faes soulbinds… not to forget the 10 min battle rez that puts shamans reincarnation to shame and Insta mobility and blink with soul shape.

1 Like

Players honestly thought this was gonna change it all. Just like everything else every expac blizzard has promised us. Covenants, torgast and the great vault along with the runeforger has been failures.

What happened in the past isn’t going to stop blizzard from going in a different direction at some point.

They’ve done this in other areas, no reason why they can’t start here.

I never feel ‘good’ about the covenant I picked on either of my characters, I only feel bad when I realize things I used to be able to do in every single other expansion I can’t do now because of the covenant system.

“But just play what you want, make your own groups, etc. etc.” Maybe if you play World of Warcraft 24/7 without any breaks and have for the past half-decade you can have consistent, reliable, organized groups for raid, for m+, for 2s arena, 3s arena, and RBGs, but SL has made me choose. I picked raid on one character and PVP on the other and had nothing but negative experiences trying to play non-meta covenants in lfg groups. I hate this system. I hate everything about it. It’s going to make me quit SL faster than any other expansion, even faster than BFA and WOD. There’s no tuning, there’s no loot, there’s no point.

2 Likes

We tried warning everyone and got hit the a wall of “but I like it because min maxers dont”

Even when we tried to tell them it was 1 quest chain and a garrison attached to a talent choice

1 Like

NOW it would, yes. But blizzard had plenty of time to structure it such that player power was NOT tied to a covenant. They made us wait for launch. They over-hyped the content, THEN when complaints are registered, people such as yourself have (rightly) the ability to say NOW they cant do anything about it because structure.

Maybe they should have thought of that ahead of time. Finding groups for content is never a good part of this game, it’s not fun, running with total strangers is not how the game was designed to be played, and somehow the idea was floated to make things worse?

I feel like they should buff a lot of the covenant choices. I think the one I hate the most is the fact my warlock has to be in the wild hunt, just why? I also dont care for priest skills in Kyrian even though appearance wise they make sense. I dont think wow could fix anything about them now, unfortunately.

Out of all the negative aspects of this game, this one makes it to the top 3 list.

You’re essentially put in a position where you have to choose one content type, one spec, and one aesthetic all in the same selection.

For people that choose their character specifically to play in multiple roles and content types to help out their guild with whatever is needed - they get punished the worst.

The people that are trying to HELP and want to play MORE are the ones punished the worst.

What sense does that make?!

3 Likes

I whole heatedly agree.

Problem wasn’t the covenants, it was the conduits and not having per spec load outs for you soul binds.

For multi role classes that might run an instance in one spec then someone leaves and want to fill a different role you either go back to your sanctum and spend that pointless currency or have a less optimal soul bind with a load out for that spec.

It’s ridiculously pointless.

Good luck. People gave tons of feedback like this in beta just to be told “you think you do, but you don’t”.

3 Likes