I'm really tired of this sharding garbage

Another thing that GW2 does better. “Hey you wanna move over to this lower pop shard? You’ll even get a boost.” “Nah” “Okay”

Blizz on the other hand sending in Gob Squad 6 to drag you into a new shard.

4 Likes

That is exactly why I feel like it is a money issue. They could fix it but it would be a hit on servers and possibly require more physical servers per zone/server name. It’s obvious people hate it and the only reason to keep it feels like money to me.

4 Likes

+1tenchars

I came back partway through 10.1 and was shocked that not only has sharding issues been happening all expansion but in an expansion with a key open world feature every patch. Hunts, superblooms, research under fire, time rifts, dreamsurge events, dragonbane keep, storm’s fury, etc.; these are key expansion features broken for the entire expansion by sharding.

And good luck farming Karokta when you’re bumped to a newly spawned shard/layer every 20 minutes and no rares spawn until 45 minutes in. Or when inviting people to your group bumps you both to a shard neither of you were on before the invite.

Very wild.

5 Likes

Random shard-hopping could be the Infinite Dragonflight’s latest and most ingenious scheme.

3 Likes

There were 666 views, just needed to +1.

2 Likes

Blizzard needs to respond to this. It’s possibly the only issue I have seen that everyone agrees is a big one. Any response would be helpful, hell tell us to suck it, it’s your game…just something!

2 Likes

Sharding needs to be like several other mmos. You choose the server slot u want to be in, be it waking shores 10-89 and meet people there and stay there.

This new achievs only show me how horrid the sharding system still is.

5 Likes

This is why the people that say there is a lot of outdoor content fail to understand because they do not do the content themselves.

Sharding makes it almost impossible to complete a lot of outdoor content that is available which shrinks the amount of outdoor content that isn’t impacted by poor sharding thresholds.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

it started getting really borked and obnoxious with that stupid hearthstone event. and its still pretty much screwing up everywhere now. i agree, this needs to be fixed.

4 Likes

That is a big problem when people chime in that there is so much to do in DF outdoor but then you try to attempt to do it solo, duo, small group or large group and are sharded away defeating the entire point of attempting to do world content.

That is why DF is the worst outdoor content I have seen for an expansion since WoD!

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

7 Likes

I’m going to keep a running log here anytime I loose or get set back by this sharding business.

Today I lost a plump seed and countless dew drops while waiting for it to finish blooming in the Emerald Dream.

SWtoR and GW2 both have it so you have to manually click to be moved out of a shard that’s closing so that you decide when it happens. GW2 even gives you an hour to finish what you’re doing and click it before the shard closes. This isn’t exactly new science, Blizzard! :dracthyr_no2:

2 Likes

I do wish they’d realize how much better the GW2 style system is. Transparency and control aren’t things Blizzard seems to want players to have in any number of ways for some reason.

1 Like

Was fighting the Disciple of Fyrakk (I think that’s the name- miniboss dragon) and got phased/sharded sub 10% while in combat. It wasn’t just me, either. There were four or five of us. It was like the boss just despawned, except all the mobs around us changed at exactly the same time.

Lots of icky words were said by all involved.

2 Likes