I'm really tired of this sharding garbage

I was in the middle of killing Fyrakk’s disciple and he was at less than 10%. Suddenly, he disappeared and we were in a camp at 11% of Fyrakk’s wrath.

I’ve lost Gigantic seeds in the ED because I was sharded before it could finish growing.

This has happened with other activities countless times. Fix this crap!

70 Likes

It’s turned into such a crutch that they massively overuse that it now just ruins so much of the feel. Make more content and more areas of interest, lower the shards, and don’t hop at all unless you are changing groups. Also when someone joins a group never ever move the person that invited you to the person joinings shard. It’s just so stupid.

11 Likes

I was doing the Tuskarr cooking thing. There were quite a few of us there and I thought we might actually get legendary (I need the achievement). We were a good portion of the way through blue with 5ish minutes left and I got sharded to a soup that was just getting started at white.

I have been sharded while doing a hunt that was 5/6 to a hunt that was 1/6.

I was doing keys for Wrathion/Sabellian. There were a bunch of people around and we were close to summoning several of the rares. I got sharded to one where all the key counts were 0. Not only did I lose out on other people’s keys, but many were mine as well. After that I learned to sit on my keys and turn them all in at once.

Yeah OP, I agree this is getting out of hand. I’ve gotten sharded in all sorts of annoying/inconvenient circumstances. I’ve even killed a bunch of mobs only to get sharded before I can skin them all. Beyond frustrating.

25 Likes

The damn game needs to have something implemented to keep people in a current phase if they are active in an event. It’s so frustrating to be sharded away from an event that is almost complete that you have been actively helping to complete.

22 Likes

I have a few seed caches i cant loot because they phased out on me in the middle of the feeding. Can’t plant and contribute anymore because it tells me I have a cache to open first.

Group members phasing into a different shard in the middle of a fight. One of the most ridiculous things allowed to happen in an mmo.

10 Likes

Agree with everyone. It’s not just bad, it’s flat out broken. No reason to ever move someone into another shard unless they are moving groups or instances. Just a bad implementation all around, and if I had to guess it was done to lower costs…not to make any gameplay better.

This is all about using servers more efficiently with little worry about how it screws players.

14 Likes

When I was doing hunts for the companion color, I got sharded several times, each time I’d be part-way through a hunt, only for the hunt to change not only the stage it was on but the location as well, one time it shoved me to a different shard when I was flying in to do the turn in to complete it.

5 Likes

Yeah, sharding has been way too aggressive for way too long.

15 Likes

From now on it is…sharting. They just pushed it a little too hard :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Crossrealm was awful to begin with, and its mutated offspring - sharding, phasing, layering, or whatever it’s called (they’re all different mechanics aren’t they?) - are even worse.

13 Likes

Guys, guys, guys, please! I can only give out so many likes!

12 Likes

Sorry you are no longer in the same shard and must start over with all of your likes.

15 Likes

Yeah, I got sharded earlier today during a hunt in the Azure Span, I was trying to do the achievement where you hunt down 30 of the big game (or whatever verbiage they use), and we had not gotten to that point in the hunt when I was sharded. There was another Azure Span hunt, the north one instead of the south one, but the sharding annoyed me so I moved onto something else.

5 Likes

:scream: Screams into an echo that slowly fades away as I evaporate into another shard.

8 Likes

I get a feeling it’s a ‘Mums the Word’ issue at Blizz HQ. Because it has existed for a long time, but is getting increasingly worse.

The other day I was getting ping-ponged through shards that had different Skybox day/night cycles. Light, dark…light, dark…Stop!

10 Likes

Oh crap…maybe we are on a speck!

Each time someone at HQ tries to bring up the issue of sharding, they get sent to another shard so no one hears about it and since no one questions the sudden non-existence of employees, there might be a False Hydra at Blizzard.

6 Likes

Overall I like the idea of sharding, but it shouldn’t

1. Shard you while in combat.
  2. Shard you while you’re in the radius of an event (Big Dig, Feast, Dreamsurge etc.)

Changing those 2 things would make it SIGNIFICANTLY better.

11 Likes

Oh gee wiz.

1 Like

Careful. Don’t sneeze.

2 Likes