I'm Having a Great Time

Yeah people always remark at how gungho I am when it comes to charging into waves of enemies…that’s how world pvp should be. Not this timid pappy engagement that I tend to see people do.

If you’ve ever seen the 1961 movie Yojimbo (starring Toshiro Mifune), there is literally a scene where both sides are too scared to engage and it’s this pitiful back and forth. That’s what I keep seeing in Southshort/Tarren Mill “raids”.

So, in total, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Historically every MMORPG and server from 1990-2007?

I know WoW instanced their pvp (arena/bgs) so a lot of people have forgotten, but that was fundamentally the difference between what a PvE server and PvP server was. If you wanted to PvE, you went PvE, you could still pvp, obviously, but there was far less. PvP servers are exclusively for wpvp, which sacrifices people’s ability to PvE by a substantial margin.

TM/SS has been dead since day two. Literally almost no one pvps there now because raid based pvp is horrible honor.

1 Like

What you just wrote is an opinion not a fact.

Fact of the matter is that vanilla wasn’t designed to support the capacity of Classics population. What we have now is a giant poo show that is not a reflection of how it was back in 04-06. Simply because the servers had far less people on them.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me, that people in vanilla on pvp servers were geared the same as pve servers, and that the two seperate systems didn’t have a dramatic impact on both pvp and pve?

Sure, the servers aren’t designed to support the capacity of classic population, but it just exacerbates what’s already fundamentally there.

50 1v1s on Bigglesworth, i need proof. I haven’t been attacked 1v1 yet.

4 Likes

I was in a raiding guild back in 06, one of many in my PvP server, and there were players decked out in PvE gear.

However what we have now is a inflated server, roughly the equivalent of:

So using this scale, imagine the population on a high and full server in Classic. The core gameplay has remained the same, but the servers population inflated.

The game is simply unplayable for a lot of people my man. It shouldn’t take 45 minutes to run into a dungeon, whilst in the process losing party members due to being corpse camped.

It never happened in Vanilla as there simply wasn’t enough players to cause such havoc.

Western Plaguelands, Start from Bulwark, follow the roads. Go down through Anderhall towards Chillwind, go to EPL, head to LHC (skip LHC if you want 1v1s) go up towards undead entrance, go back down in reverse towards Bulwark.

I see both horde and alliance solo running constantly, and at the very least you’ll see me.

It’s unplayable for the vast minority of people, but seemingly most forum posters.

Let’s just look at the math, it’s the MINORITY faction that struggles to get into BRM. and only for servers where it’s what, 1:5?

Not to mention not all servers are PvP. And not everyone who’s alliance on those servers feel that way, some people like being vastly outnumbered. (people used to transfer to servers like that when they wanted HWL cause it was way less of a time investment)

I don’t know what to tell you man, Blizzard opened PvE to PvP transfers in 2008 because of the PvE differences and the advantages a PvE had over the vast majority of PvP players. So according to Blizzard, that was the state of the game at that time.

1 Like

This is logically inconsistent. If no one can PvE then there is no route to endgame. PvP servers have more focus on wPvP and random combat, they aren’t meant to make large portions of the world unusable. DAoC kept the leveling zones almost entirely separate from the realm war, and they did RvR (read: PvP) way better.

2 Likes

those people shouldn’t have rolled pvp, they knew what was coming, or at least should have suspected. Classic doesn’t exist in a vacuum.

2 Likes

Could it be 1) you are 60, and 2) horde

Not true! You can also reroll as the lesser dominant faction on a PvP server. You could also reroll on a more balanced server, or a PvE server.

There are even options beyond that!

1 Like

First off, we can’t compare the masterpiece that was DAoC with this game. DAoC was a pvp based mmorpg, PvE only existed to support the pvp/rvr effort. That’s why they had 3 factions instead of 2, so that you wouldn’t have population imbalances like wow, the two minority sides could just gang up on the majority and slaughter them. Not to mention PvP servers in DAoC allowed you to quest in ALL faction zones, where WoW still forces you to be a part of your faction.

Also people camped leveling zones all the time Mag Mell and Cotswold were starter areas and constantly camped.

There’s no difference between a PvE server or playing as the dominant faction on a PvP server.

Yeah, which is why no one wants dominant factions. 1:2 at most is a healthy balance.

People cry about being the minority faction, but being on a 1:10 server is just as cancerous for both sides.

Of course, but at least by being on the 10:1 server the game can be played.

Im on a low pop server and after this weeks experience there’s honestly no point in logging on until the 10th of Dec.

yeah, but most of the players that are complaining aren’t 60 yet, or even remotely close to 60. Tell me how that’s great for them?

No one has problems getting into MC on my server. You might die a few times in the attempt, but you’ll get in.

Other instances aren’t nearly as camped, and yeah if you’re not 60, you’re going to have a hard time leveling. Also a well known and established fact to everyone in vanilla. You’re probably going to spend a lot of time in instances. It’s also why leveling speeds weren’t even remotely comparable on pve to pvp servers.

The only way it would truly be unplayable is if PvE content wasn’t instanced, and mmorpgs back in the day DIDNT have that. WoW kind of flagshiped the entire concept. It used to be everything, including raid bosses were open world, so other people could come in and mess you up.

At best PvE content is extremely inconvenient on PvP servers,

wrong, you live in a bubble on Bigglesworth. We are always ready to fly into 20 horde at the very least for MC. Im not complaining but lets keep it real.

1 Like

Yeah, but i see raids come in and destroy those 20s all the time.

I’ve also tried to camp raids outside the MC entrance as well, you get about 2 wipes before everyone is able to jump through the window.

Like i said, you might die a few times, but you’ll get there.

It’s really easy to think you’re getting overwhelmed and not see when you overwhelm the other side. Your guild especially is known by horde for clearing areas.

Missing the point but ok, keep having a great time.