I'm Happy Jaina and Shandris is getting the Spotlight within Patch 8.2

Wait till next patch where you step on her favourite flowers and she decides the Horde need to all die again. She’s already pretty much there by saying Baine is the LAST of the hordes honor.

19 Likes

Eh, whatever. It’s Jaina. She’ll just hate us for a bit and then Lor’themar or someone will REALLY be the last of the Horde’s honour while Gallywix goes full villain and the cycle continues.

12 Likes

I mean… she’s wrong there, but only because Baine hasn’t been portrayed as all that honorable either.

On point, I have no idea why Tyrande isn’t around in 8.2, and I can only hope there’s still stuff yet to be released, because if it’s Shandris and Jaina (as much as I like Shandris and liked Jaina’s arc until 8.1 or so) it would just be another weird misstep by Blizzard.

Shandris has never met Azshara, unless that’s going to be retconned. In fact, unless retconned, she was a kid during the War of the Ancients, and basically Tyrande’s sidekick for the duration, having never even seen Azshara at all. Azshara is Tyrande’s antithesis, her worst fear of what she might become. It’s why she never ever took up the title of Queen, even though her people would probably have gladly given it to her. She shares power with others because you would need to drag her kicking and screaming into the role of absolute ruler, because she hates the very idea of becoming like Azshara in any way.

Night Warrior Tyrande, a Tyrande that’s no longer an uncertain young night elf, facing off against the greatest monster of her youth would be a fantastic story beat, to say nothing of actually progressing the story for night elves beyond ‘we’re helping humans’.

Granted, I still have no clue what the canon War of the Ancients is. We get references to Brox in game, and the Dragon Soul stuff, but the Well of Eternity dungeons have Illidan as a demon hunter type (which he never got to in the novels) and the Azshara Warbringers has the Sundering happening during the day when it was supposed to happen at night in the books?

Actually maybe that’s why they’re using Shandris… even the writers don’t know what War of the Ancients is canon now.

11 Likes

Real talk: Why wasn’t Jaina the main character of the 7.3 Argus patch? What was Blizz thinking?

17 Likes

Because we already had Khadgar, you can’t fit two Mary Sues in the same room.

6 Likes

She’s in several novels. Basically, she’s been around for a long time but hasn’t gotten much screentime in the game. Kinda like Rastakhan.

She didnt even do much in the novels lol

2 Likes

isn’t OP the same poster who ranted about tyrande and such before

9 Likes

He is.
10/chars

8 Likes

I know, it’s a joke, cause that’s really all Sylvanas has done so far this expac and she’s a Warbringer as well. The entire expac has revolved around Jaina and she’s been EVERYwhere.

2 Likes

Wait, you can like your own posts on alts?

18 Likes

I see you already mastered this art

1 Like

Oh HELL yeah, baby. Guess who’s about to win way more internet arguments!

8 Likes

Whoopsie, wrong character. Don’t mind me.

3 Likes

Don’t do it though, It is really counterproductive to do so

Well I think you’re wrong. Ain’t that right, ladies?

17 Likes

Look at all those likes, I think she’s got you beat man.

8 Likes

I have just one character on this account I can’t beat her I am powerless !

Edit : thanks for the like army though !

32 Likes

Wait, you think likes are account-wide? There’s a limit on these things.

Oh no.

2 Likes

They are per character and the daily limit is based on trust level.