I'm done with this snoozefest

How odd, that’s how I think about people who like classic.

2 Likes

so you never saw trade chat?
you never saw 70s riding around on the ground?
the good old “it didn’t happen to me, so it didn’t happen at all”?

…some people had only just managed to afford their epic ground mount.

there was absolutely not enough gold in just questing 60 to 70… so you either had gold from somewhere else, were grinding for gold, or are remembering wrong.
…and believe it or not, there were people who didn’t start playing until TBC, who were well behind everyone else.

lots of people.

that’s kind of todays equivalent of asking “how can anyone be too poor to afford the brutosaur”.

Umm… I started playing in TBC.

It wasn’t “lots of people.” You act like it was literally impossible to have 800g in BC, that quests gave you copper instead of gold and nothing vendored over 5 silver.

2 Likes

yeah, it was “lots of people”.

either you’re remembering wrong, or you’re just arguing for the sake of it.

I don’t believe you if you want to claim that you dropped around 1k on ground mount, then were able to afford class training, and go straight to the vendor to buy flight the instant you hit 70.

something doesn’t add up there.
the quests absolutely did not give that much gold.

Have you tried not being poor? I heard that works pretty well.

A little discipline and restraint in how you spend goes a very long way.

Unlike the real world, everyone in Azeroth has the same opportunities to make gold, some just spend it faster than they can make it.

2 Likes

i don’t spend.
i still don’t have enough gold… neither do a lot of the people who don’t have the mount (which is why they don’t have the mount)

some people have more time to play than others.
some people play on servers which have terrible economies.
some people buy gold with real world money.
…so no, the same opportunities aren’t there for everyone.

but feel free to go and tell that to all the people here:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/looks-like-the-mighty-caravan-brutosaur-might-be-unobtainable-in-901/

i’m sure they’d love to hear your righteous opinion on the matter.

Yeah, I have posted in that thread. I think its terrible that they are removing it when some folks had (literally) multi-expac plans to save for it.

It’s been quite some time since my opinion on anything was righteous, but thank you for taking the time to answer.

2 Likes

huh?
how can you save for something which you don’t know is going to exist in the future?
people were still recovering from their spider purchase

…i guess foxes have a skewed concept of time.

If you have heirlooms and alot of spare time it is quite possible to reach 120 in 4 days. I can imagine he/she ether took time off work, or is unemployed.

OP has to clarify “days” is that /played or real life days. 4 /played days is long af 4 real life day is o_o crazy, I could do it but I wouldn’t want to do it. But maybe he has “new game energy” lol.

Hey don’t take my word for it. There are private TBC servers out there that give the same quests and rewards. Go check it out for yourself.

I await your apology.

2 Likes

i won’t take your word for it.
…because you’re being completely disingenuous.

i do not believe that you made 1000ish g from simply questing 60 to 70.

not sure why i would need to prove anything… you’re the one saying it can be done, so you should be trying to prove me wrong.

the fact that you’re telling me to go and play on a pirate server, leads me to believe that your gold gains probably weren’t 100% legit.

I already said I started playing in TBC.

Where did you get 800g from 60-70? People who had played during Vanilla most likely had that at 60 and people who started in TBC didn’t start at level 60. :thinking:

The fact that you have no idea what you’re talking about leads me to believe you never played TBC at all.

3 Likes

yes.
which is why i said you didn’t make that much gold going from 60 to 70.

…you’re claiming that you had enough gold to buy all training and riding skills up until 60, and then still have made enough gold to afford flight the instant you hit 70.

it simply doesn’t add up.

ditto.

Obvious is obvious.

2 Likes

Absolutely not, handing things to people for free is why we have so many bad players in our game.

I am leveling alts and I swear the god people are dying and wiping in vanilla dungeon that you should be able to solo.

Why? Because WoW is handing everything to everyone and do not require involvement anymore.

People willing to put the time and game knowledge to grind and learn their roles become good players. People receving hand me down are …well, not good.

I hope you aren’t in charge of your own finances irl.

5 Likes

In TBC when I hit 70 I had 900g left after buying some gear and training. It took me about 3 weeks of playing about 4 hrs a week to earn the remaining 600 for basic flight.

It wasn’t that hard and by the time I started raiding I had earned another 400 just from dungeons and farming.

Everyone in my all of my guilds (on then-3 servers now 6) had flight either when they dinged 70 or within a pretty short period after, depending on how much they played.

It wasn’t that difficult to earn gold then. In fact, in WOLTK by the time I dinged 80 and could buy CWF, I already had the gold.

2 Likes

thank you for confirming what i’ve been attempting to explain.

there is no way the person trying to argue about it was able to buy their riding skills for regular riding, fast riding, and basic flight, simply from questing to 70.

meanwhile, i’m being told to go check out illegal servers.
i don’t need to.
it’s easy enough to log into classic and see how many characters are level 43 and still walking… and how few level 60 characters have obtained their epic mounts.

LOL. I did no such thing. I elected to spend my money on stuff other than flight straightaway. And it didn’t take me long to earn back what I spent on gear (mostly for alts, some for twinks) and training.

4 hours a week is nothing compared to what some people spend in-game. If you got the impression that I was confirming your claim that it was oh so hard to earn gold in TBC, you need a reading comprehension course.

1 Like