I'm doing the Red Draenei questline, and all I can think is "When do we get Hatuun models?"

Eh, wouldn’t play one myself unless it was a separate race with its own heritage set. My collector self would kick in. But more options for everyone is better, so sure, why not make Broken playable.

Are you going to play a panda if they get their set?

Broken Draenei are one of those races that should have been in the game for years by now. Hoping we get them soon

3 Likes

Oh, I already have two. A Monk on Alliance and a Warlock on Horde :panda_face:

1 Like

They did seem to leave the door open to a future of playable Broken characters.

Actually, I’d love for them to introduce sub-races as suggested in another thread —

Bringing in Broken would be pretty cool as a subrace using this feature :grin:

The Broken in Outland who had their connection to the light severed, coming to discover & commune with the spirits & elements was super cool – especially as it was told in Chronicles, I’d love to see that lore extended upon more as they’re brought into the fold. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Broken should def be a skin option for Daenei Shaman, DKs and Warriors no question

And if we’re adding the red stuff what about Fel Orcs and Felblood BEs from Outlands

also add to that

• Troll Berserkers as an option for Warriors and DK’s
  • Taunka (from Wrath) face/horn options for Tauren (especially since females have the old non-derpy original Tauren female faces where they can actually close their mouths).
  • Lich skins for Undead (Male and Female) mages and locks.
  • Goblin Zombie skins for DK’s
1 Like

Why do they have to be limited to certain classes?

In game and lore they’re almost all classes. Including Mages, Rogues and Hunters. There are even Paladins and Priests.

Hilariously, only two make sense for them not to be: monks and DKs— the one class you did mention.

I need to read that. Ive inly read through thr wikis and i have trouble accepting the story since we know that they wanted the Alliance race to be a Pandaren in TBC. So draenei being Shaman always sat with me wrong.

Broken have been on Azeroth since Vanilla wow in Swamp of Sorrows and the Blasted Lands.

There’s even one with a repeatable zone drop turn in quest in Blasted Lands that’s been around since day 1.

Scourge could have easily gotten their hands on Broken Draenei for DK creation purposes.
And I never mentioned monks

1 Like

Oh yeah…was THAT ever explained?

Not really. Assuming he and the other broken were left overs from the slaves Gul’Dan and the original Orcish Horde brought through the Dark Portal with them.

1 Like

Yes, I know that. But isolated as they were, the two least likely classes would be Monk and DK. You seem to want them to only be three classes, one which was the least likely they’d ever be. And completely ignored every single other class that they already are.

I never said you did.

It was back in Vanilla, yes. But I honestly don’t remember that storyline anymore. They changed it some in Cata, iirc.

I think it had something to do with when the Dark Portal was opened the first time, some of them escaped into Azeroth when Khadgar and the others went through to destroy the portal.

That so called “isolated” area is right next to Deadwind Pass where there is a persistent Scourge presence. And that’s not even counting the multiple Scourge Invasions that have run through pretty much all areas of the Eastern Kingdoms multiple times.

Pandaren didn’t come into direct contact with the Scourge until well after the siege of Icecrown and the fall of Arthas, but they can still be DKs. Way more reasonable to expect to see a Broken DK than a Panda one.

No… no there isn’t. The Scourge have nothing to do with Deadwind Pass.

And again, I said “least likely,” not “absolutely cannot be.”

I loved the Chronicles series of books. They were really well-done.

Part of why I loathe Shadowlands with such seething hatred is because they retconned Chronicles, then painted the BS excuse that “O-Oh, uh no it was um … It was the perspective of the titans! Y… Yeah, that’s it!” – To cover their butts from the ignorance, and stroke their hubris.

Chronicles was originally dubbed — ‘The Bible of Lore’
And although it wasn’t perfect for everyone (Though to be fair, nothing ever is) – For MOST of the lore-loving playerbase it was widely enjoyed & highly praised.

I’m in the massive crowd that’re hoping they retcon much of Shadowlands’ pile of rubbish so called ‘LoRe’ and revert back to making Chronicles true canon again.

2 Likes

Not all undead are scourge.

Much of the damage you see in Deadwind Pass was caused by the Legion, fel-presence, dark magics and the dread-scythe: Ulthalesh, the Deadwind Harvester – which sapped the life-force from the crevice valley, akin to like how the elemental lord Princess Theradras had sapped the lifeforces out of the massive valley known as MASHAN’SHE to become what we know today as ‘DECOLACE’

The dark magics of the Legion creating undead isn’t very far fetched, and is the moreorless the origin story of how the Scourge came to be in the first place.

1 Like
2 Likes

All I could think during the quest line was “Do the writers understand nuance or lore?”

“Yes, let’s forgive the race that waged bloody cosmic genocide because one was sad.”

1 Like

He was pretty sad, though

1 Like