Illidan or Area-52?

So i’m in a bit of a pickle. I’m a long term Thunderhorn player, I’ve played it since 2008 (when I started WoW) until now. The server was pretty populous back through Bc-Cata but started to really die down in Legion…and now it’s literally a ghost town. I’m looking for a huge populous server and judging by the research I’ve done the two servers I’ve narrowed it down to are either Illidan or Area-52. I went ahead and used my character boost I got from bfa on a Illidan toon, but I need to know if I made the wrong or right decision, and if I wasted a free character boost. Any help is appreciated!

I’m asking the same questions right now. area 52 sounds highly populated horde side nothing alliance side and is PvE based with little to no PvP. Whiccccchhh makes it a terrible choice for a PvP fiend like me

Both servers are highly populated Horde side with no Alliance presence. But as far as PvP goes it literally doesn’t matter anymore because everything is cross-server. It doesn’t matter whatsoever except for timezone and finding a guild/group to play with, if you’re into that. If you’re playing mostly solo with pugs, it doesn’t matter.

If you’re looking for the most “horde heavy” server with no alliance and between the two I would go with Illidan.

Area52 is similar: it was the horde heavy PvE server before warmode. Illidan was the horde heavy PvP server before warmode.