Ilevel main stat vs vers on gear?

Vers doesn’t have that much damage. With how high damage is it isn’t a big deal.

If you look at the example he gave you could take 2 shots and die. While the others are still alive.

Today I crit someone on my boomkin for 22k. I mean no one would survive 2 of those. So do what gives you more damage. Vers isn’t saving you. I don’t recall dying yet to some low overkill. It is always by thousands.

Even with trinkets 🤷. 20% vers is an extra 4%. You may get more damage or healing from your main stat still. You have to understand stat weights. Versatility isn’t near king for pvp.

If all your gear is 226, I would drop none of them for conquest gear till you can upgrade it to 220 ilvl.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why people can’t get this when it comes to burst damage. Stamina is king when it comes to surviving.

Because vers is on pvp gear so “it’s a pvp stat”. Even though it’s been in the game for like 6 years :rofl:

Here is simple equation for you use addon Pawl and check how much each stat gives you (1.6, 2.1 etc). In PvP you will use PvP trinket so vers= current dps weight + current dps weight* (0.4) = total dps increas. Intelect and stregths gives you some dps increas too. So, what you do is compare those two stats all initial stat vs all stats with 40% bonuce for vers. Note, keep in mind that vers gives you some damage reduction

I would replace 226 PvE gear with Vers/Mast 226 pvp gear and maybe crit/haste 226 PvE gear with 220 vers/mastery. And this is somewhat niche because haste and crit are pretty bad for Sub PVP because all your damage comes from small burst windows when you have 100% crit anyway, and haste is bad because your sustained dps is nonexistent.

2 Likes

I think everyone already hit it, but yeah, the furthest I would drop is maybe 226 to 220, if the 220 has vers, and the 226 does not. And that doesn’t apply for weapons.

If someone is rejecting you at 220 ilvl when you’re sub-1800 in 2s, 3s or RBGs because you have a bit less vers, they’re probably not that intelligent anyway.

2 Likes