Ignore the forums

McBoatFace?? LOL.

Of course it’s not the same thing. One is of useful value in creating the game, while the other can only identify failures too late to remedy them. Once a major failure has been identified it is too late to do anything to fix it in realtime, because of the time involved in the development process and the fact that things like covenants can’t be easily changed.

Self-selected internet polls are for entertainment value only. The company should not be creating content that they know (or could easily have known) will turn off lots of paying customers and then spend time and money finding out people did hate it.

Yet here we are. I dunno man, we’ve done this song and dance for 3 expansions now. History dictates this expansion will fill out by 9.3, according to the list 2 expansions.

After reading through this thread, looks like you made a smart-a remark to him, accused him of being someone else, ignored his actual point, called him a troll and continued to act that way towards him.

So yeah. Guess you did.

I also agree that polls are a bad idea, especially ones that give freebies in exchange for what would probably be crappy feedback from a small minority. Kind of like this whole forum.

1 Like

Hmm. I wish someone would speak for me about what I’m feeling. My mistake, I didn’t realize sarcasm was a direct insult now. And it’s funny, your last two points are exactly how he acted toward me as well.

On to the broader point you actually have insight on, the point of the freebies is to incentivize participation from more people. You can’t actually be arguing the occasional “why did you leave” polls are more informative, despite being effectively the same thing on a smaller scale, and specifically targeting the unhappy demographic we’re apparently trying to avoid?

I’d be a jerk back to someone who was a jerk to me, too. Happens.

I never even brought that up. I can’t argue something I didn’t even cite. So if that’s how you want to have a “discussion,” I’ll bow out. I don’t have that type of mental gymnastics in me.

Have a good one.

1 Like

I know you didn’t make the statement, that’s why it’s not in quotes. You said you read through the conversation, which indicated pretty distinctly that you were informed on the context of the discussion. What I referenced, while not yet stated, is a natural element thereof. Call it mental gymnastics if you want, either way you’re not equipped for the discussion.

Have a good one.

Polls are way too easy to manipulate, and also very easy for the people making them to inject biases.

Proper feedback has been left, and by relevant people who know how to leave it.
Forums are actually an extremely important source of information as people are supposed to be able to articulate their reasonings, something that is actually extremely important when gathering data based on emotional experience.
The actual is this feedback has been dismissed. And we’re not talking about just your general GD poster, but actual theory-crafters and high end players being told they’re “playing the game wrong” levels of dismissed.
That, combined with no real moderation, led to this place being awful in general for feedback because very few sane people left want to give it after that.

1 Like

very good points all the way round…

phhh. Yeah.
Ive had a gallup pollster call me before. She asked me the same question in three different ways. lol. Probably a good reason for that.

But then I had what was obviously a political hack calling me with an agenda call to do another poll back in late 2015.
It started out well enough, but then they asked me about a hot button issue that is one that the right and left disagree about 180 out…as soon as I answered they hung up…well, really didnt even let me finish my response before the call ended. lol.
No doubt they were trying to get the ‘poll’ they wanted and just hung up if they got too many ‘wrong’ responses, lol.

Used to work with a woman who had been a pollster some years prior to that and she said yeah…absolutely they would use tactics to get the result they wanted.

based on the beta players who comment in here they arent even listening to their own beta testers, lmao.

Nothing new though.
I play tested the first big Morrowind patch way back when. They were sending out invites to any rump kissers on the forums there…and Im mean literally. I was one of the worst. Attacking anyone who complained about the game at all on the forum and Im positive thats why they invited me.
ALL yes men on the forum they set up for us. EVERY poster had nothing negative to say about the game. If you played it, you knew there was a serious problem with the third party engine they used that affected even high end rigs.

So they go round and round for a while and I keep asking them about the engine problem that was the biggest complaint on the forum.
After a while they basically told me to shut up about it, they werent fixing it.
I walked off the test and told them what I thought of their shady business practices.
What they failed to tell us, and I dont know why, was that they had no legal right to touch the engine and COULDNT fix it…at least at that point in time.
Had they informed us of that little detail, I wouldnt have been so irritated with the company (Bethesda).

No communication and horrible CS.
And these companies wonder why PAYING customers complain so much.