Ignite Spreading - Fix It Please

Fire blast needs to either spread it to five targets baseline or everything in the immediate range of the primary target.

Spreading it to two targets is pretty garbage and we really, really need to get away from this flamepatch concept.

Thank you.

3 Likes

I think flamestrike’s aoe design feels TERRIBLE. A lot of fire feels so weak to press. Nothing feels “oh I’m gonna do big damage now” when compared to a DH essence break death sweep with inertia. Or a glacial spike that’s gonna hit for 500k+.
I wouldn’t have ever guessed fire mage had a rework because the talent tree still has the exact same ideas. Compared to the absolutely incredible DH rework fire looks so bad.
Combustion does not feel strong at all to press.
Honestly I wouldn’t mind seeing a boss be encumbered by flames and when it’s fully engulfed we can cast frost fire bolt to consume it and have a super mega crit and the go back to the current fire rotation.

1 Like

I did fire mage in Nyalotha and as soon as I saw the flamestrike build for the following expansion, it instantly felt bad without even playing it. Casting flamestrike with combust just feels so bad. Not to mention the impending issue of flamepatch and tanks that don’t know what they are doing.

They really need to get away from the ground effects, blizzard has small leeway because it slows. But really, ground effects are an old design that needs to be retired.

1 Like