If You're Not With Us, You're Against Us

Addons aren’t really the same thing as core game mechanics.

1 Like

There is the very compelling argument of authenticity though.
Personally what they should do is something close to original AV progression.
If they don’t have the different iterations of AV available in their databases then they could start with some sort of close approximation of 1.7 AV for example and then evolve it into 1.12 in a later phase.

It would be far more authentic than just straight up starting with 1.12.

But lets say they really have no official data on AV prior to 1.12. I think they just see it as something unfortunate and don’t think of tinkering with something manny people will say of not to be like it was and then they have nothing to fall back on. Different people will say different things on how 1.5 av was, where the mines lay and all that stuff. What are they supposed to do then?

AV 1.13?

The basic problem with this is we still end up with 1.12 AV in the end anyways.

If they don’t have sufficient data to recreate a close approximation of an earlier version of AV then they should just say so and end the pointless debate there.

I think its pretty clear with the wording they used

Most clarity, and i heard they said at blizzcon they didnt have anny pripr data to 1.11.
Then it’s jusr deduction, but yeah it’s not 100% clear.

That is not a problem we should end up with 1.12 AV in the end because that is authentic.
Authenticity does not care if it’s garbage or not.

Except they’re not doing progressive versions of anything, all they’re doing is time gating.

No what they said is “most clarity”
If they had said that they don’t have sufficient data on the earlier iterations that would have been clear.
This is nowhere clear.

This is true with the exception of reverted loot tables to pre 1.10 patch state, but it does not mean that they could not do progressive version of something if they so decided.

He considers that time gating even though it is gating progression as well

If they were doing progressive patches that would be great but they’re not, we’re getting 1.12 talents at launch, we’re getting 5/10 man strat/scholo/ubrs and we’re getting 1.12 AV.

I believe he meant more on the line of progressive UBRS for example being 15 man originally or strat/scholo being 10 man and so forth.

Here is where I would personally use selective judgement on the issue at hand.
1.12 talents and the later iterations of those particular dungeons have not triggered a meaningfully widespread debate. So they can be considered accepted as is.

AV has triggered a massive storm of debate. So perhaps it warrants some degree of closer inspection.

Yes.

Does anyone really, truly believe Blizzard is going to take the time to create some brand-new system for Classic? Not “I’m afraid they will” or “What if they did” but really believe it? No? Then why should anyone freak out over someone’s daydreaming out loud (in text)?

This isn’t a contest, and we’re not deciding the Most Popular, Best Dressed, or anything else. When push comes to shove, everything is Blizzard’s decision.

Yes, and given that the majority of legitimate item trades that GMs handled in vanilla were master looter or wrong looter issues in Raids, that’s why Loot Trading appears in raids.

I am totally okay with (and have repeated it many times) CP4 being AV 1.5, and CP6 being AV 1.12 (with whatever CP progression is available).

The best suggestion I’ve actually heard is to have “PVP Weekends” where you get an option to queue for one or the other as a special treat. Like a museum having special events.

Maybe they wouldn’t create a new system for Classic. However, there are plenty of non-Vanilla systems in retail and Blizzard would have no problem using one of those.

Take GBs for instance. There have been multiple threads with thousands of posts in total and all of it could be stopped dead in its tracks with a simple “Guild banks won’t be in Classic”. However, that has yet to happen. Do I think they’ll be in there? No, but there are times Blizzard doesn’t help the uncertainty with their silence.

The changes triggered a lot of debate in vanilla as well, but over all most people preferred the newer versions of AV, actually 1.11 was the last significant change to AV.

What happens when players in 1.5 weekend get booted because their time is up and neither side has won? Do you think they’ll come on to the forums and post “We were in the middle of AV and got booted. It’s a bummer, but what can you do?”