If you're in the alpha, or on the council, then stick up for priests!

We have a whole forum here of excellent, well-thought out & agreed-upon feedback that Blizzard ignores. If you’re on the council, or if you’re in the alpha, it is your responsibility to be a voice of the community and bring these things to the attention of Blizzard. Maybe it’s a long-shot still, but at least try!

4 Likes

If you’re not a mythic raider as disc, nor in the the top echelon of the Priest Discord, then your opinion on the forums is invalid. Democracy for the few.

How is the discord > forum? It’s mostly dead out there and it’s even split in half with disc being separated on another discord? Or was that still going?

I mean those people aren’t even able to agree between themselves and settle on a single discord… how is that s%$& show still relevant?

1 Like

Reglitch is one of the primary disc priest theory crafters and mod on Focused will, most disc priests are part of both WCP and FW.

1 Like

And I bet they all think disc is perfect and there’s nothing wrong with it :clown_face:

2 Likes

i would say the discord has more consistent players of each class /spec which makes them more knowledgeable sure youll encounter trolls and what not but thats every class discord. but also discord has more features where you can link logs post video’s and pop in a VC to get more direct feed back. overall i think discord > forums.

I guess I’ll go check for myself. Last time I checked, both discords were not active a ton and I ended up leaving because it was just taking up space in my discord without any benefits/meaningful discussion going on.

I guess pre-expansion where people are speculating is a better time to check there than when I last joined :man_shrugging:

i just keep them around in my wow discord’s folder thing for when i need to check logs or ask a question they were really helpful.

1 Like

You don’t need to be a top rated/ranked player to understand the flaws in design or gameplay of any spec in this game.

If you’re forming opinions about mythic raiding etc and don’t raid, then absolutely your point is valid.

3 Likes

The Warcraft Priests discord is really the worst place for any kind of discussion. The staff members - especially in the Holy section - are confrontational towards anyone that shares a different opinion of their own.

It all makes sense when you look at the owners twitter account and see they’re one of those hardcore feminist liberals. Also, the people that write their articles and other information a lot of times from the healer PoV aren’t even CE or only doing +15 keys.

Automaticjak writes for WoWhead and he’s literally the #1 priest in NA for IO score and also plays in a top 20 world guild. Pretty much everything he writes is almost entirely on point. He also streams and is otherwise a chill personality.

8 Likes

Yeah I’d say Jak is more reliable than the priest discord by a 100 fold. There’s no reason for that discord to exist because it adds nothing of value to priests in-game.

It’s just a hivemind that allows no variation of thought or opinion unless you have a colored name and have ran +20 keys and are currently a mythic raider.

Such a shame.

This is not just Warcraft Priests.

This is the nature of Discord and Reddit, where a couple of self appointed community leaders/mods function in some fashion of a Mean Girls table they won’t let you sit in if you don’t share their social habits and perspectives.

Reddit and Discord are a cesspit. Nothing good comes out of their discussions outside reading the sticky for the actually informative guide sections.

You go into FFXIV’s The Balance discord. It’s virtually the same. A couple of passive aggressive nerds posturing dominance on any topic and reacting to any opinion they disagree with through sarcastic dismissal.

2 Likes

I was literally in the process of typing out the same kind of general complaint in regards to Reddit and Discord. lol There’s no accountability towards bad behavior. With reddit you don’t even know who even owns a lot of the sections because they’re completely anonymous.

Reddit and Discord aren’t a proper replacement for forums. Reddit in particular is a karma based system so you’ll only see the stuff people upvote the most.

Discord conversations get flooded out and can’t be properly archived. The new thread system they implemented is at least an improvement.

1 Like

you know jak has been know to post on the priest discords and also ask questions from the math majors that assist in our classes theory crafting. Dont get me wrong Jak is good but he’s not a one man army and the mods in both WCP and FW in the maintenance and math of priests.

It’s not all about numbers and theorycrafting, people… it’s also about fun-factor, which priests have been missing.

6 Likes

what? i was just responding to jak being more reliable than FW/WCP despite the fact he also uses those to help him make videos

this … and those discords aren’t inviting whatsoever. The vibes reek of 3rd rate social climbing and self-congratulatory dreck surrounding Mythic Raiding. I mentioned bubble disc option once in there and the literal first response I got was “yeah, you’re right about everything, they should bring back bubble disc”, and then was ignored. Not a very good community.

I don’t care if Jak uses those discords, at least he’s charismatic in the way he presents information and he responds to YouTube comments kindly.

3 Likes

i was responding to the fact that you said jak is more reliable when he’s getting the same information from the same place that you’re all discrediting cuz he feeds it to you in a easier to digest video format.

Look, just accept that those discords are not cool or hip or fun or inviting. Jak gets his information from there, cool. At least he’s not a jerk, like almost every one is in those discord.

Yeah the idea that the priest discord’s information is unreliable is just not true. Generally when they have been wrong, it has been a result of Blizzard changing stuff last second - but it’s weird to say people who write for WoWhead are much more knowledgeable, when checks notes one of them is part of the WCP staff. And yeah, Jak’s been in there/focused will quite a few times.

It’s a great place for information about each spec. But the spec sections are for general advice about the current specs mostly - if you’re posting random takes about what they should/shouldn’t do in the future with the spec, it doesn’t surprise me you don’t get much engagement unless you’re posting during discussion of future talents.

And also, I mean, nobody is obligated to engage with your points in a discord chat, either. I don’t think Vallanesh is wrong in that it doesn’t actually feel like a ‘community’ but I don’t think game theorycraft/guide discords ever DO feel that way. They’re usually treated specifically as a way to funnel information to people. And nerds get really sarcastic and catty in any game chat centered around high level, tbh.

I do agree that there’s a bit of a problem where the knowledge is heavily skewed toward raid though. There’s not a lot of PvP information there, and M+ information can be pretty sketchy or heavily guided toward specific choices. It makes sense because they don’t want people getting wrong info - and PLENTY of randos in that discord will say some wild stuff. But it still happens.