If youre complaining about the S4 content and threatening to unsub, you're missing the point

How many of you are going to post how “disappointed” you are and how youre “unsubbing” (even though youll log in next week)?

The whole point of this season is to provide basic things to do before the next expansion. To think they need to have insanely innovative content and things that matter every single time is crazy. You guys need to just relax. Do you not realize this is instead of a major content drought before the xpac like in the past? The same people would complain about a content drought and ask for SOMETHING to do. No one cares that youre unsubbing. Its almost like Blizzard expects to lose a few subs around this time and are coming up with ways to retain a few. It aint that deep. WoW is still very much alive. The devs definitely love this game. The content is fine. Not everything will be a 10 out of 10. Relax.

I’m not threatening to unsub. I have an infinite amount of things to do in the old content I play. But I feel sorry for players who legitimately feel they got a bait and switch. And of course, players whose playstyle doesn’t include an interest in BR games now have no more to do than before, so why wouldn’t they unsub? And why wouldn’t they post on the way out? They paid real money for this.

You wish. You cared enough to post this thread trying to convince people for whom Blunderstorm is a 0/10 that they owe it to you to shut up and stay subbed so their entertainment dollars can continue to support development of your content. /thread

6 Likes

No one cares that someone is unsubbing. I dont care if they stay or go. It wont change the content “produced for me” since I play a ton of the older content and only just recently started participating in end game. Calling this patch a filler patch or lazy is just reduntant because its of course a filler patch. Lazy would be not doing anything in between expansions. Thats it.

This thread begs to differ.

5 Likes

Posting an entire thread addressing these people shows more care than if you’d just been apathetic and done nothing

8 Likes

I’m perfectly relaxed. What’s your issue?

1 Like

I like pancakes. :pancakes:

6 Likes

Not enough Frankie Goes to Hollywood, obviously.

2 Likes

Why do you care if people unsub or not?

They’ll be back around War Within.

You did make a thread about caring if people did unsub.

I like turtles. :turtle:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I like pie. :pie:

4 Likes

“I care so little that I’m going to make an entire thread on how much I don’t care and mocking people who dare decide for themselves how to spend their own money. Did I mention that I totally, one hundred percent, don’t care?”

4 Likes

I care

1 Like

I did. And im excited to run all the DF dungeons together for once. Im happy that about half of my toons i play got my preferred tier set going into season 4 as well (RIP Guardian).

Unpopular opinion: The end of an expansion is WAAAAAAAY better than the start of an expansion.

1 Like

And I discovered this week that I really like the new orange cinnamon rolls at Costco.

They are like a flaky puff pastry sort of dough, not like normal cinnamon rolls, and the orange flavor is just right, not too much. And they are very light when you eat them, yet just gooey enough. Instead of icing they have sprinkled all over them cinnamon sugar, nice change.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

I find it hilarious that you think repeating this over and over again will make it true.

The more times you repeat it, the clearer it is that this is important to you.

Let’s go through that List of pro-Blizzard Talking Points™ you seem to be working from.

1. “You’re not leaving. Nobody ever leaves. You’re lying.”
  2. “If you leave, you’ll be back next week.”
  3. “…or next month.”
  4. “…or next patch.”
  5. “…or next expansion.”
  6. “Blizzard doesn’t need subscribers.”
  7. “Blizzard doesn’t need players like you.”
  8. “You never liked the game.”
  9. “You never liked videogames.”
  10. “The game would be more successful if everybody who isn’t in the top 1% left.”

The last one is pretty dumb, but guess what? I’ve seen it said in the forums multiple times.

Blizzard actually cares about large numbers of people leaving. That’s why you’re here doing free PR work for them. Or is there some other reason?

“Paladins for all” not being on the “downside year” roadmap for the expansion that brought us the Tyr’s guard is a legit complaint. There are a lot of gripes that people can make as to why they unsub, but measuring patience for such a small but concept-enabling change as enabling more race/class combos in multiple expansions is objectively ridiculous.

There are silly reasons to rail at WoW, but there are also legit complaints to make, no matter how happy and approachable the devs make themselves.

I don’t think people are going to quit WoW over the lack of content in S4, but Blizz is making it pretty easy to pause subs until TWW comes out. And expecting new content didn’t start with the players. Blizz keeps saying “wait until you see what we have up our sleeves”. You can’t blame players for feeling bummed when they finally see the S4 notes and there’s zero experiments.

I mean, clearly someone does.