If you get bored today

read through these quotes.

https://twitter.com/IonHazzikostasQ

Honorable mention:
“There’s a certain level of obscurity, you PvP, you get this currency and there’s a place you have to go to spend them, it’s not clear exactly what these are meant for, what you’re supposed to do with them.” - Ion Hazzikostas 2019 when discussing PvP vendors.

9 Likes

Dang I never thought about it that way. Thanks Ion.

Ion is just the worst. Game is so easy to fix and for whatever reason they choose not to…

3 Likes

Seems like a reasonable sum up of why things are they way they are.

2 Likes

lmao this dude just spits out contradictions left and right

5 Likes

I like the one they posted this morning too:

"When your friend comes back and wants to raid with you, your answer isn’t: Well, spend a few months in Uldir and Dazar’alor and then get back to me.” - Ion Hazzikostas 2019

It’s only been a year since he said that.

6 Likes

Meanwhile we’re given Quartermaster’s Tokens to be used on a - you guessed it - VENDOR!

And titan residuum

1 Like

I don’t like Ian Hoobastankus any more of the rest. But the truth is this:

Ion didn’t decide to remove vendors. The current slot machine model is to keep players on the hamster wheel chasing that lucky drop. It’s to keep you chasing that carrot. That’s the model wow will be on because it’s good for the shareholders to show how much time people spend mindlessly grinding.

Playing is a chore. I have to do things I don’t enjoy 95% of the time so that I can do the thing I DO enjoy 5% of the time, and that 5% is ruined by PVE gear.

It’ll never be the same, and unfortunately we will never go back.

3 Likes

This is untrue and false based on a simple premise. If people don’t enjoy the game they quit.

More people I know have quit in BFA than any other expansion since TBC. So players are clearly not chasing that carrot, they’re chasing that log out button. I won’t disagree that they’re are people extremely addicted to WoW and I myself will admit I have this problem.

We complain and complain yet log on the next day and hand Blizzard the metrics they want along side 15 dollars, however people like me are only a fraction of the player base. The silent majority leave the game with out a whisper of a complaint because at this point they feel their complaints will fall on death ears.

We have no access to subscriber numbers or play times but there are some websites that do try and track them and if you just use a bit of logic and common sense and look around it’s clear that BFA is lowest the WoW population has been. These systems aren’t keeping people engaged, they aren’t making people log in, they aren’t helping Blizzard at all, they are doing the exact opposite.

1 Like

Also note that the wow token has dropped close to 40k since patch drop meaning so many scrubs are buying tokens and turning them into carries and buying corruption boe’s.

1 Like

For people who like arena, that carrot is called “rating”. We don’t care to hamster for gear. You and all the nobs that agree with the gear-grind logic will never get that. We’re required to hamster for gear because they took vendors out.
If we stop playing when we burn-out on grinding cr, we still have a sub and time-played is irrelevant as long as that $15 goes into Blizz’s pocket every month.

Lol some interesting reading :joy:

I like the infinite stars damage meters. I had some guy on gd ask me why I thought corruptions were dumb and busted and that pic about sums it up. Essences and RNG corruptions doing the majority of the damage lol

Also the currencies ones are pretty good… Like wtf? Has he seen how complicated getting some of those essences are? Half the time I don’t know what I have to do to get the next rank of it until I do some research lol.

1 Like

If you open a ticket they tell you to try wowhead.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IonHazzikostasQ/status/1159590558484127750
Pvpers are black is what i got from this one.

:thinking: solid logic, checks out

1 Like

I have never chuckled so hard while being extremely angry…

Thank you for sharing my new most favorite/hated page on Twitter >.<

2 Likes

ok jaydee

it’s pronounced wod in spanish

i miss wod bro