If you don't want to Socialize then go back to Retail!

I’m genuinely tired of seeing this attitude on the Classic forums.

We have people openly admitting that they do not care about the playerbase, they do not care about being nice or kind to others, they do want to AFK, swipe their Mastercard ans AFK into RDF/LFR while they wait on their gold booster.

I think this crowd of anti-Social Retail players are the ones ruining our Classic experience, and it makes me even more happier knowing that RDF will NOT be coming to this game in order to preserve the Community element.

I have made lots of good friends, some IRL off of Classic and I believe they should take even more steps to be different than Retail in terms of keeping Classic a community oriented game.

Classic WoW rewards team work and cooperation with your fellow gamer, if this is not for you then please uninstall Classic and go back to Retail, thank you! :slight_smile:

63 Likes

Please stop equating spamming chat to form a five-man dungeon group as “socializing.” The actual social aspects of this game dwarf what you think is “socializing.” And frankly, it’s super weird that you would point to dungeon group spamming as socializing, makes me worried about what you think socializing looks like in general.

111 Likes

Blows my mind how you have nothing better in your life than to troll wow forums and make all these level 10 chars

38 Likes

LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc!
LF Tank for N Arc! Can summon!

I’m glad we could share this social bonding experience together.

100 Likes

People socialize in guild chat and Discord, not dungeon groups.

57 Likes

Honestly not a huge fan of a lot of the players I’ve tanked/healed for leveling alts during the joyous event. You can tell the diff between the people on alts and the people who are on their first character leveling for WOTLK.
Very rude and obnoxious and think you should pull 3 packs at once like it’s retail.

4 Likes

What socializing? Spamming LFG channel for group? Running/flying to a dungeon?

17 Likes

I’ll do you one better: I can and have socialized in groups in RDF the same as I have with Classic’s current system. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing so.

15 Likes

Not to mention that having LFD/RFD does NOT mean people can’t still form a dungeon group the old way. You can still spam chat and form a guild group, which is still available. The only difference here is that the rest of us aren’t forced to play how these folks want us to.

18 Likes

You sound like a little kid asking his mom to make the big kids play with him.

4 Likes

He’s just socializing, obviously.

Depends on if it’s cross server or not cus you can say hi but if you can’t play with than again than it’s a wasted social experience

1 Like

Rdf, your posts are so encouraging and really speak to the true nature of what the intention of World of Warcraft Classic Wrath of the Lich King launching September 26th are.

The Random Dungeon Finder system is an excellent system but only intended for the current version of the game! If you have interest in using this system please try out Shadowlands season 4 featuring fated raids, returning dungeons, and tons of new content!

For World of Warcraft Classic Wrath of the Lich King launching September 26th players, the LFG tool in World of Warcraft Classic Wrath of the Lich King launching September 26th is exactly what the player base had in mind coming into this version of the game. It works seamlessly to find the exact group, with minimal clutter, and uses cutting edge technology and AI to remove any and all spam from the system!

Although I was pro random dungeon finder as it was in the original spirit of the game, the latest blue post has me doing a full 180, and I agree that full changes are necessary in order to preserve our wonderful community!

Thank you so much for the post Rdf, and see you in Northrend friend! Very excited for World of Warcraft Classic Wrath of the Lich King launching September 26th!

7 Likes

It’s rdf/lfd/gdkp/lfr. Don’t take him seriously. We all know what he is.

6 Likes

See you in Northrend as well, brother. Thank you for your write-up, I know it will impact many positively!

Can people flag him for trolling please? I cant see his post due to having him on ignore.

6 Likes

This is only one form of socializing, there are many more social elements in the game that will die off due to the Retail players wanting RDF.

I’m a day 1 Classic player, and I want RDF.

13 Likes

Please explain to me how the other social channels will decline with the implementation of RFD/LFD.

7 Likes

People make your argument, but realistically putting together a server only group really does increase the degree to which you interact with the players and changes the way most people behave as compared to a random dungeon with a tank from a realm you’ll never see again.

1 Like