If you don’t have 2/4 piece by Tuesday

The cooldown isn’t on the gear piece. The cooldown is on the Catalyst machine itself.

Those pieces are for “reforging,” and for ilevel upgrades for some, along with finishing the entire outfit.

The Catalyst cooldown shortens over time and eventually will be gone entirely.

IT DOES NOT

Can you not read? Or comprehend the screenshot?

I swear, y’all are purposely being obtuse just to screw with me. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I don’t think the ilvl increases. I think it stays the same.

I disagree. There’s no reason to limit people on converting gear for “transmog” if it didn’t also count towards the bonus.

1 Like

good news, I’m barely above sandworn relic ilvl…never fear! WQ superstar Saan is here!

:blue_square: :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: :black_large_square: :white_square_button:

I don’t think this is right.

I think it implies it will work like dom gear - where you just need 1 piece with the set bonus to “activate” the bonus and any combination of the other tier pieces to contribute.

So you need AT LEAST one of the helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, or leg pieces to get the bonus.

If this is true - the issue is with them calling these extra pieces “Tier”.

They should have just said “Also - you can reroll your M+/PvP gear to raid gear stats and in the process you get the raid transmog”.

2 Likes

It does increase on Relic gear if you’re 6/6 on the Cypher system.

There’s nothing to disagree on, this isn’t an opinion. :woman_facepalming:

Tier set bonuses are on specific slots only. Period.

It. Does. Not.

Yes. It is semantics. That’s what I’ve been saying.

Look at the screenshot:

Read the words:

2 Likes

Should be like TBC. You have the original 5 piece set for T6 from Hyjal/BT, but with Sunwell the new offset pieces can count towards both the 2 pc and 4 pc bonus. It makes sense that way, I don’t know why they ever chose to do it in a different manner.

4 Likes

Unfortunately that is not the case, as Thallia explained, only the actual Tier slots will contribute as tier gear. The rest simply shares the same transmog.

It was both poorly worded and poorly implemented in this manner, there would have been absolutely no negatives in allowing each piece to contribute to the set bonus.

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of what a waist, wrist or boot item looks like?

I think this is what’s causing the confusion.

It doesn’t seem unreasonable for people to think any of the tier pieces count towards the bonus.

1 Like

kindly refrain from trolling; your posts offer no value, fact, or worth. just because you don’t agree with the obvious answers to your own questions doesn’t mean they’re useless… maybe it’s just you.

i think some people shouldn’t be allowed to think.

tier sets have always been a set determined number and slots. they don’t magically create new slots to offer more combinations like the legendaries… and as a matter of fact, this is the first time we’ll be able to magically convert pieces into tier, and yet people are still trying to complain.

no no it’s

I SHOUldnT hAVe to gO To a ThiRD ParTy SiTE REEEEEEEEE

No, because I have Cypher gear, not Relic gear. You don’t need a screenshot to tell you what the screenshot I posted already shows you. Look at it.

Yes. It is ridiculous to think that all pieces will have the set bonus when the screenshot and the blue post literally tell you the ONLY pieces that will give you the set bonus.

what other tier pieces?? there is only 5.

1 Like

So they’re expanding the tier beyond the 5 current slots.

But I think only the 5 current ones give the bonus - kind of how only a subset of the domination pieces from SoD gave the bonus for that system.

1 Like

no they are not. they are giving us the opportunity to convert certain ilvl gear into the missing tier set pieces. nothing else magically turns into tier that isn’t a helm, shoulder, chest, glove, or leg.

Then why do they say “The applicable slots are helms, shoulders, cloaks, chests, bracers, gloves, belts, legs, and boots.”?

1 Like

Complaining on the forum works, I got my first tier piece tonight. It didn’t drop for me though, someone traded their token to me lol.

because the others convert into corresponding raid gear from what i’m understanding. you will not get tier set bonus on bracers by using a bracer.