If you could retcon the Burning of Teldrassil, would you?

See, I see it more as “I’m going to exploit money from Joe by identity theft” and then getting frustrated by not being able to get his information that the would-be exploiter gets obsessed with stealing Joe’s identity and forgets that they were after the money in the first place.

See, but that’s where my main issue is. The plan is “drive a wedge between the Alliance,” that I agree with. What I take issue with is that - even if she was wrong - Sylvanas had a thought process out for how “capture Teldrassil” would accomplish this. There is no such thought process in how “burn Teldrassil” would accomplish that, and she changed her entire goal to instead “make the Alliance lash out in anger” and completely fumbled the “drive a wedge between the Alliance” goal.

So to me it’s not semantics of what we consider the plan, but her throwing the whole plan away.

Yeah, but her hopelessness isn’t spreading to the rest of the Alliance. Delaryn doesn’t even do anything of notice after being raised.

Thank you for your understanding.

I agree with you at least that he shouldn’t have agreed to the war or had any part of it. But he can atone for that, even if he likely can’t ever actually make up for it.

Well I hope he does, because martyrdom isn’t a healthy mindset, either.

That is what I’m trying to address, though. Your case has been “that was her plan” when I don’t see her connecting any dots to make that fit her plan at all.

The lack of a thought process from her is what I’m seeing, though.

Well, if you can think of any more, I always welcome them.

Well, I mean, I’m not right now. That’s why I’m not playing on the Horde right now, because it wouldn’t be fun. And I won’t play the Horde again until I consider it potentially fun again.

Like I said, Youtube has covered the means for lore purposes, and gameplay, well, I don’t really play WoW for gameplay any more. Mostly play it for my story’s characters. And I wouldn’t expose my Horde alts to BfA’s story. I like them too much for that.

I don’t disagree with you. But if anything, Saurfang could atone for the War of the Thorns by changing the Horde to not be this any more. That was Thrall’s biggest failing, not actually being able to reform the Horde (his whole excuse back in The Shattering being that the Horde would consider him weak for trying, so he didn’t even try). If Saurfang could actually pull it off, that would be atonement. Now, I don’t think Blizzard can pull it off. But, still, there are hypothetical ways.