If you could add one class to Dracthyr (with current tmog issues)

I can’t remember if it was confirmed or not that Dracthyr were going to get other class options down the road, but it’s probably safe to assume if they didn’t add mail armor for their flagship unique class, they won’t be fitting any of the other armor options to the Dracthyr model anytime soon.

So, with that in mind, what one class would you like added to Dracthyr?

I think monk, mostly because I think the monk animations look pretty goofy on a Dracthyr lol.

Warrior

2 Likes

I feel it is something they will HAVE to do eventually…I can’t imagine one race, with one class, lasting forever.

I am sure the armor would still be the same…only showing shoudlers, bracers, etc from plate/cloth/leather sets. Prob a ton of programming work, but again, a single race/single class combo sounds like something that just shouldn’t exist in a 2024 mmo world. And like…the ways of monk were passed from pandaren to everything else, so…why wouldn’t curious dracthyr learn to wear heavy stuff and wield a massive weapon? Or learn how to manipulate teh elements?

1 Like

I love the dracthyr, but not a big fan of the evoker.

I would like to see them add warlocks. Favorite race+favorite class= happy camper :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

Other classes already exist as NPC Dracthyrs in the game.

There are rogue dracthyrs in Forbidden Reach, also warriors, mages and priests in the southeast part of Zaralek caverns. So lore-wise they are able to learn other classes.

2 Likes

obligatory “druid because i’d want to see the forms”

1 Like

Mage would feel really cool, I think. Thematically and stuff.

2 Likes

Only one Class added to Dracthyr? I would have to say Shamans.

1 Like

Hunter for me.

2 Likes

Thank you, I still hold out hope for TWW

Dracthyr Rogue would be cool, including the ability of stealth dragonflying. They don’t come from behind, they come from above…

So how’s everyone feeling with the news that there are plans for Dracthyr to be able to be more classes soon?

It’s a mixed bag for me. It means that we’ll get less threads about it daily, but it means those people will just start spamming threads wanting more range now.

Plus side is at least everyone wins with this change, at the end of the day.

And even though I couldn’t care less either way, at least our next tier set looks incredible and we’ll be able to sport it how we want.

I didn’t think it’d be so soon. I mean, there’s no ETA, but sometime in TWW. I kinda figured they were gonna just forget/ignore Dracthyr. I never expected them to let some classes fight in visage form, that’s a curveball from left field. Dunno how often I’ll use that feature, kinda defeats the purpose of being a Dracthyr if ya ask me, but whatever. More player choices are never a bad thing. Almost restores a little hope that Blizzard listens. Almost.

Yeah basically this. I think the combat in visage is necessary if you’re adding classes that don’t have design abilities.

My larger concern is what it means for our racials. Some classes would be broken af with them, but I hope that doesn’t have ramifications for them as evokers.

Agreed. I’d love to play a dracthyr hunter with a Vorquin pet.

1 Like

I’m glad they’re getting more classes, however it’s gonna be weird not being able to hover around like evoker can lol

Mostly in a flavor sense than a gameplay one, giving hover to every class would be busted and yet not using your dragon wings in combat is… Odd.

Glad to see it happening though!

At the very least they’ll probably have glide. Which honestly is really nice and heavily making me consider changing some of my characters to Dracthyr just for that if it’s the case. It’s just so convenient to have (and in some fights super useful with knockbacks etc).

They also have Soar, which imo is far and away the best version of Dragonriding. Wing Buffet, which would be mildly useful on ranged casters, tail swipe is fun, too. Extra mastery.

They aren’t exactly stacked in the racial department, but they have some fun utility and Soar. Plus unique dragon form and visage form depending on your mood, and which classes let you combat as visage. So extra flavor.

Imo visage form is the most interesting look behind Dracthyr and Vulpera, so extra bonus for me. Basically any class Dracthyr can be my alliance toons will be switching to them.

Oh yes I know about all those too, it was more in response specifically to “using their wings”.

I think Soar has a massive downside for flight which is the lack of ability to stay mounted when you land. It feels nice to fly but man it’s annoying that I have to recast afterwards if I’m just landing briefly haha. If they fix that then I’ll have no hesitation to say it’s my fave.