If you can't beat 'em, joint 'em!

Hey guys.
A few weeks ago I made a post about how AOE is sort of out of control and how some abilities, the ones that spread AOE among living pets, require little or no strategy and are overtuned. There were some very wise and experienced pet battlers who gave some great advice and I took it to heart, but I still struggled. Then I decided to get off my high horse, forget about having diversified pets and synergistic pets, and go full hog AOE.

The pets I used included, clutch sister, Rattlejaw, pyreclaw, maybe a couple others, with some fiends and fel afflicted skyfins thrown in when I got bored.
The results were glorious. It felt like I had been playing warlock after death knights were first introduced to the game – getting trounced. Then that youtube video came out of that death knight in arena, you know-- the one where the guy had macro’d all the DK abilities to a single large button he pressed in the center of the screen and destroyed the competition. So I tried the DK (finally) and found out that I had been pushing water uphill. It was insane how much easier and stress-free my pvp was after that.

Anyway, it was like that after I switched to AOE pets earlier this week. There were a few pets that were obviously meant to counter certain specific abilities, but as long as you fake them out, their counter strategy crumbled and I could proceed to mow them down regardless. I won faster and easier than I could ever with my most synergistic comps.

I’m sure some people will disagree with me… that’s great if some of you are able to beat a large percentage of AOE comps using some brilliant strat – more power to you, I just can’t get it and I’m big enough to admit it.

So, yeah. I hope they change it soon, but considering how long the Graves fiasco lasted, I’m not holding my breath. I’ll probably get bored of playing AOE teams soon (it does get repetitive), and probably stop until the meta changes again.

If anyone has any other thoughts, I’d love to hear how I’m wrong. My experience indicates that I might be right, though. But YMMV.

4 Likes

It’s Sign of the Critter week. Things are usually much easier this week than normal.

So next week, expect to have your lunch eaten since experienced battlers know how to counter AOE teams.

2 Likes

this is typical of pet battles. The FOTM is > actual pet battle skill and that’s actually a good thing as it keeps pet battles on the casual level. It really sucks when the FOTM is cheater pets that are purchased from the store; but otherwise its good. It’s much more about what pets u bring to the table than anything else and how lucky your match ups are.

This emphasis on which pets being most important is a good thing ONLY AS LONG AS BLIZ keeps making an effort to re-balance pets periodically. If they dont then we can end up going a long time with a couple OP pets. Graves went a bit too long b4 he got the triple nerf but he eventually did. and that !@#$# murlock with RI still needs a nerf or bliz needs to just nerf Righteous inspiration altogether. (something like +25% to +40% speed and damage would be more appropriate than the existing +100%) (RI is really outrageous as it has gona quite a while with no nerf AND its a !@#$$@#! cheaters pay to play pet AND its a uniue ability not available on ANY OTHER PET)

right now I’m running a triple infernal pyreclaw just because its one of the only pets i have triple of and i doubt any other serious pet collectors out there have that. Its a fun combo and AoE is king right now. while back healing pets were the main thing.

next xpac or pet battle change i hope they reduce back line healing and aoe by like -40% across the board. That would help bring new teams to the table; But until then its all about AoE teams. It’s just very hard to counter that backline damage.

1 Like

“Cheater pets”

1 Like

Anytime anyone beats me at something they must be cheating.
How else could they beat me when I’m obviously the smartest, most highly skilled person on Earth?

Cheats, I say, y’all cheats!!!
Now let me win or I’m gonna wun to mommy an cwy.

2 Likes

I don’t get it. There is no cheating, except for exploitation, and to my knowledge, there hasn’t been an exploit in pet pvp. Ever. There is only what they can do to you and you can do to them, as blizzard allows it to happen. Some pets are more powerful than others and you’re welcome to play those pets. They may be lame, but as long as you don’t face a counter, you’re probably going to win a good percentage of the time.

And I don’t see anyone running RI. It just isn’t a problem in the current meta. Backline healing… I don’t think that’s a massive issue either. If nothing else there’s darkness. AOE is the only thing that keeps coming up again and again.

2 Likes

Oh my god… oh my god! I’m running Murkalot now (for RI) along with clutch sister. It is amazing. If you have this combo, you gotta check it out. Thanks for the tip, Ccloudstlkr!

3 Likes

The true sign of a pathological loser is somebody who limits themselves for no reason.

“Everyone who beats me is a cheater or is using a cheat team.” The rallying cry of the perpetual failure.

1 Like

which team would most of you consider the best AOE team?

Murkalot
Blackfuse bombling
Twilight clutch sister

Bring a jug so you can harvest the tears.

What breed if bombling, would you say?

1 Like

Power breed.

The aim is to decimate the entire enemy team quickly you’re going to Righteous inspire the bombling and then armageddon then bring in the clutch sister and tail swipe to trigger your racial and then meteor

Got a team you can’t aoe down? Cripple them with a righteous inspire flame jet all 3 of those pets hit like trucks in single target damage also.

2 Likes