If WOW Did another AU/What If Expansion, What Alternate Timeline Would You Like to See?

How about no? AU, time travel, and different realities have proven they just do not go over well in expansions. Blizzard needs to leave the setting on azeroth and open up more of the world by adding some new continents in the forbidding sea, the veiled sea and adding more of the islands from the lore that are in the south seas and around the maelstrom and update the world on the two main continents to match current time instead of being stuck with the deathwing story from start up. Exile’s reach proved they can add new content in to match the state of the current world’s time.

Blizzard did it once. And it was one of the most hyped launches of any expansion outside of WOTLK. You’re wrong.

see my idea above your post. new content rolled into classic era. so emerald dream and dragon isles are new areas,etc

AU: Sylvanas stays dead after the first time

If what some leaks and theorycrafting said were true, we may end up getting a reborn Azeroth either way. That may not even happen, but I think it’d be cool to see the world reforged.

I’m not sure about more AU worlds, though, so consider me neutral on any of this. I like the idea of more “what if” scenarios like cavern of time hosts. We already saw Nozdormu being ended, with some of our “heroes” being slain there.

If we see more “classic” servers come alive, it’d have to be massive QOL improvements and models for me to consider. Or even a standalone game for pc and console as a single player (with maybe optional multiplayer?) story. Azeroth being a massive narrative driven game with a different focus like skyrim would be so much fun.

Saurfang manages to talk sense into Garrosh and he becomes a decent warchief.
MoP has sha empowered Mogu who become the final enemy after they turn to that when they get their butts kicked by us the first time around. Lei Shen is egotistical enough to think he could control them.
Let the faction conflict die in MoP and never return for all of its nonsensical iterances later.

The timeline where the Draenei openly conversed and made an effort to get along with the Orcs back on Draenor instead of trying to let them do their own thing and grow as a race. You know, like tell them that this is their ship they traveled in and it isn’t their ancestral site off the bat.

Rule 63 world where EVERYONE we meet is genderbent.

For me, I’d love to see a redo of Battle for Azeroth entirely. I don’t know how it would work in the AU fashion… but, well. Here’s what I would do.

1. Primary Lore- The tree would be taken down by influence of the void, or extremist alliance members trying to blame it on the Horde (which would be found out and executed, avoiding an all out war.). Night Elves would have had a chance to save as many of their people as possible. Elune would have provided massive guidance and been the salvation of so many, in this case. This might appeal to night elves, who want actual good lore on that.
  2. Horde - Sylvanas wouldn’t have incited anything. She would have taken responsibility as warchief and fought, as she yelled, ‘for the horde’. She would be a strong militant leader, but also open-minded to others in the Horde, given her responsibility and connection to Silvermoon, mindful that her people there reply on her as well. She would have been willing to work with the Alliance, given she literally did that in the beginning of Legion to save Azeroth. The ‘reasoning’ behind what she did from pre-patch BfA and onward is hogwash.
  3. Alliance - More accepting of the Horde in general, able to see past what certain races did and look into individuals. They would be very successful with their leader, Anduin, who would rise up to the occasion and lead the Alliance into a treaty with the Horde.
  4. The extremists on each faction would get their wish - there would be a toggle for ‘faction mode’, where you never group with members of the opposing faction. This is like war mode, meaning you would not see them in cities either. ‘Neutral mode’ would allow cross faction grouping and mixed cities.
  5. The focus of BfA, therefore, would be against the VERY OBVIOUS GIANT SWORD AND VOID THREAT, which would eventually lead to the Shadowlands splitting open.
  6. Allied Races wouldn’t be a thing, we would have subraces. Thalassian Elves would be turned into: Blood Elves, San’layn, High Elves, Felblood. Each of these would have a storyline to unlock.
  7. (6) applies to most of the subrac wishes flying around the forums.
  8. BfA zones would be mostly the same, but no focus on any war campaign, and all focus on the void invasion currently happening, leading to 8.3. BfA would be Battle for AZEROTH. Not some useless faction war storyline.
  9. A focus on things other than mythic raids for once, like player housing & customization. No more borrowed power nonsense either.
3 Likes

The AU Azeroth that Thrall got to visit would be an interesting one.

Warcraft lore without the ginormous dragon love it had from 2003-2010ish due to the day of the dragon author. I don’t actually hate day of the dragon or anything but still, that story morphed the dragons in warcraft into something they weren’t meant to be at all.

The one with alternate us being evil/opposite, and so have a goatee, except for female dwarves, who lose their facial hair and are suddenly popular, intelligent, and intriguing.

Dragons haven’t been relevant since Cata, they’ve basically been retconned out of existence at this point. Magic users run rampant, the protection of the time-ways falls into the hands of random adventurers queuing into LFG, the Dream was basically downgraded into a portal system for Druids, the role of Earth Warder is basically taken over by the Magni’s Champion of Azeroth, and nobody seems to care at all about preserving the balance of life to the point where the Undead are literally ravaging Azeroth while we putz about in the relam of Death.

There’s so few dragons already that your wish for less dragons would trigger an underflow that gives us more dragons.

ye but what about before then?

Before then what?

well like its an au thing, what if the dragons weren’t relevant beyond being background chars in the timeframe of 2003-2010?

What exactly would be different about that?

i’d definitely choose one were exist master baiter

Alternate fates.

The HotS Warcraft AU where The night elves changed roles.

Maiev is leader of the night elves and Married to Malfurion.

Malf is the betrayer.

Tyrande is the warden.

Illidan is the Shan’do.

Where Arthas listens to Jaina ands walks away from Culling of Stratholme. I would like to see how the time line would have played out.