If the belfs wanted back in alliance, could they be forgiven?

It was more about leaving Garoosh who was pretty much driving them out.

Guess I missed that part where they were trying to murder me and my alliance buddies

Shaw talked about him and his opinion seems to suggest the Alliance would not have authorized it/it was just his decision.

1 Like

Better not let your Night Elf separatist buddies hear you say that.

Oh I missed that part of the lore. Was that in a book?

It’s also in Chronicle that his leadership was more just the chance of being the highest ranking officer at the time.

How exactly the man earned the title of Grand Marshall in the first place is a different question.

1 Like

Exploring Eastern Kingdoms

Well he was a veteran of the Second War and he did lose his entire family/home town. I would assume that would grant a few ranks or so.

I think the answer is yes.

Even during MoP, there were negotiations that were leading somewhere until Jaina had one of her sporadic times of seeing red.

The Blood Elves and the Alliance were willing to put the past aside up until the purge. And Varian - the Alliance High King - was grumpy at Jaina for it. It seems the Blood Elves almost have an open invitation.

The Void Elves are a prime example. The Void Elves we encountered through their unlock quest were Blood Elves, and they were welcomed to the Alliance.

It seems a given that the Alliance would take Blood Elves, and really something Blood Elves can choose as they fancy.

3 Likes

Void elves are blood elves. They seem to be doing fine.

7 Likes

When the Night Elves and Alliance apologise for the invasion of Quel’thalas.

Also apologise for Jaina and the Silver Covenant. They didn’t only kill Sunreavers, but also Blood Elf shopkeepers whose only crime was not picking any side.

1 Like

Also I think we all forget most of his actions were as a dreadlord

i don’t think blood elves should be back to the alliance, we have our own elves here, the time must come where the alliance elves integrate in the alliance and forget silvermoon, hope that day come.

aside that, blood elves shouldn’t ask forgiveness, they were doing their things in the horde, if anything the only race they could ask forgiveness is the draeneis, kaelthas was still the king when they stole their ships

In my eyes they should have been in the alliance in the first place. They never felt as if they properly belonged in the Horde to begin with.

1 Like

I think making this game HvA at all was wrong – every flavor of elf we’ve seen (discounting high elves) doesn’t really make sense in that paradigm, and I don’t feel the Forsaken do either outside of the “gang of misfits” aesthetic. If you had to do factional coalitions, three sides (as used in their two best RTS games) would have been best.

4 Likes

I actually agree with this as well. Thank you.

2 Likes

If you’re not picking a side as a Blood Elf, you’re Horde by default. that’s how factions work.

According to gameplay, yes.
According to lore, no.

Remember that the Sunreavers was a Kirin’tor faction, not a Horde faction. They hosted and helped the Horde in neutral operations, but they were not members of the Horde.

Also, the shopkeepers had no affiliation with the Horde either, maybe not even the Sunreavers. They were just Blood Elven shopkeepers.

Wrong:

The Fate of Dalaran - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (fandom.com)

Gossip Not if they renounced the Horde.

<Jaina brushes her hair from her eyes, deep in thought.>

You’re so passionate for your cause and clear in your convictions. Believe me when I say that the Sunreavers are the same. The Horde is their family.

Not all of them support Garrosh. But they’re not about to abandon their own people… I couldn’t ask them to do so without tearing the Kirin Tor apart.

The Kirin Tor is sacred to me. We need to stay united.

If you ask me that was Jaina’s biggest fault. She should have just ask the Sunreavers(or heck all of Dalaran) to be neutral and renounce any faction ties.

Not wrong.

‘The Horde’ is not their family, the Blood Elves are. The only reason the Sunreavers do anything for the Horde, is because the Blood Elves are in it.

What you want, is to turn two branches of the Kirin’tor into hardcore affiliations with one of the two major factions, when that is far from the truth as we have seen time and time again.

The Silver Covenant was shortly under the Alliance, when Jaina was the self-proclaimed mayor of Dalaran and proclaimed that the Kirin’tor was now Alliance. Guess what, as soon as Khadgar came back and pulled the Kirin’tor back into neutrality, it was not the Alliance that ordered the Covenant around, no… it was the Kirin’tor.

The Sunreavers are not Horde affiliated, they are Kirin’tor. Some Blood Elves used the guise of the Sunreavers to aid the Horde, but that was not a Sunreaver organised plan.

That the Sunreavers care for their own kin, does not mean anything.

1 Like

Up until the SC drove them there with their reactionary with us or against us cleansing.

1 Like