If the belfs wanted back in alliance, could they be forgiven?

Or have they just gone too far over the edge and would be irredeemable in the eyes of alliance leaders.

…what

the last (and practically only) edgy thing that the Blood Elf leadership did kicked off BC

what are you even on about

2 Likes

I’m not sure you are using that term correctly.

1 Like

I think kicking the Draenei out of not-Tempest Keep and kidnapping a Naaru so they can use them as a mana source is pretty edgy, might just be me though

Question still remains, the heck do you think there is for them to even be forgiven about? The Regency’s government has been most prominently involved in overthrowing tyrants the Alliance wants gone anyway

2 Likes

Forgiven for what?

The Blood Elves have been a respected member of the Horde for YEARS now. Any Thalassian Elves that wished to rejoin the Alliance already have in the form of Void Elves and any High Elves that follow Vereesa.

25 Likes

They blew up a Cenarian Circle outpost in Outland as a test for Theramore.

They built the mana bomb that decimated Theramore

They were involved in the theft of the Divine Bell from Darnassus that turned Anduin into Prince Squishy.

6 Likes

Would the Blood Elves forgive the Alliance ?

18 Likes

The alliance could apologize for the actions of a rogue Marshall, but has that ever been covered if his actions were sanctioned by the greater leadership? Leorderon was in chaos so I’m not even sure that was an alliance decision.

1 Like

Neither can really happen for gameplay reasons.

Not authorized by Silvermoon in the slightest, they’re hostile to Horde and Alliance and BC Kael’thas made his position in opposition to his own people for some weird reason very clear very publicly.

So… people loyal to Garrosh. Which the Regency was actively involved in ousting. And without making this a purge thread, the Alliance already acted in response to the offending parties and then well beyond. Ordinary citizen might still be upset but have a hard time seeing any serious diplomat counting this as an unforgiveable crime.

Dog does not hunt.

The blood elves, here being used metonymously for the Regency of Silvermoon and its affiliated territories, are overall one of the cleanest factions in the HvA conflict.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter… it’s pretty much an open secret that the actions of the Scarlet Crusade are sanctioned by Church of the Holy Light in Stormwind.

Personally, I am of the opinion that you can never trust traitors. if the Alliance were to welcome back the Blood Elves, it should be tentatively. A “Keep your friends close and enemies closer” situation.

Because in all honestly, Quel’thalas has always been selfish. They were banished by the Night Elves because of selfishness. They settled land that was already claimed by the Amani. They allied with humanity just to use them as a blunt instrument and cannon fodder against the Amani. During the Second War they were totally willing to just allow the human Kingdoms to burn until the Horde started to directly threaten them. Then they joined the Alliance’s main rival all because they were bitter with the actions of one Baron (A minor Lord) of a dead Kingdom.

Then, even their Alliance with the Horde is somewhat shotty. There was mention of them WANTING to rejoin the Alliance, to the point of actually talking to Varian about it in MOP (Jaina ruined that deal with her Dalaran stuff). And then you have the Void Elves, who immediately Jumped ship to the Alliance.

Honestly, you want a clear definition of a fair weather friend? High Elves/Blood Elves are it.

6 Likes

High Elves are already in the Alliance.

No, Blood Elves are Horde.

4 Likes

Varian tried to recruit them in Mists, Alleria tried to recruit them in Legion, and the Alliance already contains a faction of bonafide blood elves. If they seriously lobbied to swap factions I can’t imagine they’d face any serious opposition beyond the same conservative night elves who didn’t even want the high elves there.

4 Likes

That was definitely the vibe they were going for under Metzen but I feel that’s been good and solidly dropped. They’re… I don’t even want to say standard fantasy elves. They’re JRPG elves.

To be fair though, the Darkspear and Tauren too considered leaving the Horde in MoP. Doesn’t say much about their Horde membership I think. It’s true that the Sin’dorei were historically less dedicated and genuine than other races about their allegiance to the Horde, kinda like the Forsaken and Bilgewater, but I do think that this was shown to have changed over time

I find blood elves joining the alliance very distasteful due to Garithos and then doubling down with Jaina.

It’s a heavy topic that you can’t just pretend doesn’t exist.

11 Likes

That’s when they get you.

“As always, the generosity of the elves is greatly appre- Where did they go?”

1 Like

Nah historically they might not be 100% reliable and trustworthy, I’m not denying that, they’re definitely pursuing their own agenda. That’s okay for a Horde race though. It’s almost the norm at this point

1 Like

What needs to be forgiven. They did nothing wrong.

4 Likes