If servers are going to be down all day just say it

you’re very bad at this

Someone seriously make a " I survived WoW server downtime" tshirt and poster. Ill take 2 of each.

Servers will be back up in 5 hours from now. My uncle told me and he works at blizzard.

it really shouldnt be that way… they are the ones that designed it and tested it before bringing it to live… there really shouldn’t be all this down time to “fix” things. i wish i got paid to do my job without actually doing it then act like its not my fault when something messes up…

1 Like

the trading post shouldn’t require 9 hours of downtime.

2 Likes

Guess I fit right in here at Blizzard game forums then uh? Maybe they should hire me since I meet the minimum requirements for poor performance.

If it wasn’t for copyright I would totally.

Here’s how it went:

• “We can probably get it done it 3 hours, let’s tell them 4.”
  • “We’re up to 3-1/2 hours, we won’t make it. Maybe we can get it done in another hour.”
  • “Maybe we can get it done in another hour.”
  • repeat

I think if they had a clear idea it was going to take 8 hours they would have put that number originally.

The problem was that they didn’t want to pay for the level of pre-testing to demonstrate stability.

Was it because they were cheapskates? Did they think nothing would come up, though things often do? Did they make untested last minute changes? Or was there a dollop of “don’t want to spoil it for people who hate knowing in advance” that kept them from doing proper public testing?

this is a self burn if anything, since you’re the one still paying for the game. if youre so unhappy with it, stop giving them money

Look at the number of likes the original poster has compared to your comment. I think they have a valid point. Keep licking the boot, sir.

1 Like

oh my god they have more LIKES than me?!? oh nooooo whatever will i do

I’ve been saying this as a Cowboys fan for 30 years but one person won’t make a difference.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. What’s a real slap in the face? Them calling this a “Scheduled” maintenance, when it VERY clearly WASN’T. They dropped the ball and all they had to do was talk about the situation, apologize, and be honest, INSTEAD they are acting like this was all planned and keep moving the goal post in order to to keep their own hands clean.

I’m not asking for compensation, but I would like not to be treated like an idiot.

1 Like

You’re obviously new here.

In a perfect world, what you say would make sense.

But, this is WoW. I don’t take the announcement of a new feature that is basically glorified gatcha gaming as a positive. (Actually, I take nothing new to the game as a positive. I got used to the principle of “this day is going to be a disaster if you want to get on, so do something else.”) If anything I took it as a warning and planned the rest of my day accordingly.

Sorry that you didn’t.

It’s like being a Cleveland Browns fan and expecting them to win the Super Bowl.

It means they agree with his thought process. That’s how this whole like thing works. Welcome to the interwebs

it will make a difference to yourself, which is what matters here. no matter how many people unsub over this, it wont prevent blizzard from doing emergency maintenance in the future when bugs happen

nooooo i am still in complete denial that someone has more FORUM LIKES than me!!! i must never make another comment again. oh the humanity

They never got the memo on under-promising and over-delivering. “Game will be down Tuesday and we expect 12 hours maintenance.” Game comes back up in 4 hours and everyone is thrilled that it’s sooner than expected with absolutely no carrot dangling.

I mean, you have like zero lol. ZERO. The original poster has how many likes? This thread is rolling because of his comment, not yours. Keep licking boot, sir

Maybe stop being a bootlicking antagonistic willfully ignorant troll?

People want to vent and you come in here with your “solutions” which are just trolling.

Yes, go away. No one likes you. Thats what the no likes mean.

You can’t really blame someone for dangling a carrot if you’re the one who’s choosing to run after it.