If RPPVP servers are only a niche

Was the survey taken before or after the announcement of no RPPvP server at launch?

Long before.

Could you provide a link, please?

Hah!
Yeah Emerald Dream is, or was at least, awesome!

Clan Battlehammer member and founder of ED’s Druids of the Claw here.

2 Likes

It was a reddit poll of people on r/Classic looking to play Classic. It’s not an indication of people who roleplay, just where those people want to play.

The larger number of players tend to be focused on gameplay, rather than social interaction of roleplay.

I was in DotC lol. Cool guild.

I would never play on another server other than an RP PvP if I had a choice. Tons of great world PvP battles, and also high end PvPers. I pushed gladiator with 99% ED Players. It’s so much better than any other server I’ve ever played on.

2 Likes

Imagine for a moment that Ion had come into the forums posting as a non-blue. Just an ordinary shlub. Imagine he created a thread stating that PVPVP was niche and shouldn’t really be considered unless there was a demand for it after release.

Would this not be considered a troll?

2 Likes

Would it be art imitating life? RP-PvP wasn’t day one. Added a year later.

Ion is a fool to think that RP-PVP is too niche. It doesn’t have to be huge, it just needs to be there.

Haha good to hear! Cmhiten here!

Emerald Dream has been one of the best/most populated servers since the beginning of the server. At the very least, if they have an RP server it should be RP-PvP.

Ive been a part of a ton of major guilds on ED and had my own for a short time, and I can say that RP-PvP servers have the most community interaction out of any server I have experienced. It wasnt just the RPers ED had alot of high end PvPers and just straight WPVP guilds that would start beef or drama or participate in the WPvP campaigns. It’s the best community you can get in a server. Of course, it’s nothing like that now. Pretty much died after Pandaria but classic would be the perfect version for an amazing RP-PvP server.

3 Likes

I was in an all Dwarf guild (CBH), an all undead guild, and had my own all goblin guild just to mention a few of the cool themed guilds. All of which competed VERY well in WPvP and even did RBGs when they became available. Some of the best nights ive had on WoW was seeing 30-40 of one race causing havoc and fighting a whole raid of Horde.

I was also in a criminal guild that gave real gold for killing opposing guild leaders like you mentioned.

2 Likes

When Warlords destroyed the game, it destroyed Emerald Dream. ED was amazing up until Pandaria.

Someone didn’t read the terms of use on a roleplay server, I take it?

Having non-roleplay names is against roleplay server use. Encouraging people to report xxLolillidanrulesxx for breaking the rules that the people the server was meant for (and who abide by those rules) is not inherently wrong.

If you go to a roleplay server, abide by the official rules Blizzard has set out for them. Remember, you’re going to THEIR house - follow THEIR rules.

1 Like

Emerald Dream was a really fun community to be in. I’ve since quit a couple years ago, but I won’t ever forget the moments I’ve had in them and the amazing things I’ve been able to be a part of. We also developed a shared server camaraderie, and were strong when we were united (We had a 80 man boxer try to take over our server but fail, tremendously).

2 Likes

Because during TBC and Wrath there was a massive hype train of all of the pro arena players and their fanboys following them to various servers.

TBC it was Tichondrius, or anything within “BG 9”, Wrath launch the meme was Cho’gall, after that it was Blackrock, then they went to either Tichondrius or Emerald Dream in Cataclysm. Typically based on faction as in Alliance players chose Tich, Horde did ED.

I remember seeing you when we had CBH/The Pack joint raids.

Modern wow hasn’t been kind to PvPers as well.

Hopefully you can get your rppvp.

2 Likes

The WPvP on ED was legendary. ED became WoW’s go to server if one wanted to experience epic WPvP.

3 Likes

What reasons were there to RP as frequently when you couldn’t naturally and organicly encounter eachother in the world ? As Sharding and CRZ destroyed open world engagements.