If it's not ready, it's not ready

Wouldn’t you rather play a polished, bug-free expansion experience at launch? Whether we’re talking the 9.0 pre-patch or the actual launch, I’m seeing a lot of concern that SL’s release date may be pushed back due to more raid testing being conducted this late in the cycle.

Of course we all want to play something new (especially since 8.3 doesn’t leave a great taste in the mouth) but can we remember that TBC was pushed back from it’s original launch date because it simply wasn’t ready? Do we really want another WoD with a plethora of bugs and cut corners?

Let’s be patient please. Shadowlands will come in time!

37 Likes

When have we ever played a bug free expac? There will always be bugs to fix especially class imbalance.

6 Likes

Stop with these threads jfc…

We have never played a bug free expansion

9 Likes

I’m sure everybody would but this ain’t fantasy land. Shadowlands is going to launch with bugs regardless if it is delayed or not.

5 Likes

What juicebox have you been sipping from?

Ha! I don’t really have any more to add than my lame joke. As usual.

I think people are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. Yes, bugs will always exist. I’m talking more in the sense of playing something polished and finished. Just a thread to maybe remind people to look a little more positively at things instead of bashing their heads on keyboards about release dates. :frowning:

It’s a reference to a Canadian queen. But that made me chuckle, heh. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Preach sister!

2 Likes

Not bug free, but rather an absence of fixes and tuning turning effort on launch into obvious levels of Sisyphean nonsense.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know Canada had their own Drag Race! That’s amazing!

1 Like

Again, that has never happened before lol

Prolonging it, doesn’t guarantee a ‘polished, bug-free expansion’.

Yes, it’s at the end of October as they announced a month ago.

They are stress testing on the PTR tomorrow for the pre-patch.

Nothing is being delayed… at all.

1 Like

It does, however, ensure more time to find and fix bugs.

Doesn’t matter when they launch it, they won’t be changing any of the design decisions they’ve made up to this point, which is the real issue.

1 Like

But it’ll not address some peoples’ gripes with the expansion so far, not address their ‘worries’ and will not ‘polish’ it up. Finding and fixing more bugs is fine however but I think we’ve all come to understand they’ll do their best, and with how development goes, when it hits live, they’ll get a flurry of bug reports that they’ll just fix as they go.

Nature of the beast.

Yes it has look at the gross imbalance of corruption. It is not corruption’s fault but rather the background math (it always existed regardless of corruption implementation) that blizzard failed to balance and look what happened. Fire and destro got the payout at everyone else’s expense. They could have easily set up forecasting of power growth had they looked at it with a theoretical approach. But no.

And after vendor it became an obvious question as to why play underperforming specs. But plenty of us cannot change because of investment (for myself rank 4 grind). If they had foresight for design and balance then it wouldn’t make a large amount of people’s time spent appear to be wasted.

Covenants will suffer the same fate.

I agree with OP, the pre-patch will be released when ready. There may be other technical issues outside of balancing. Who knows?

1 Like

There are no troll beards yet, so you can hardly call this a finished product

1 Like

No matter how long we wait, it’s not going to be polished or bug free.

No real changes will happen until things go live and it’s a total S show. They’ve been ignoring beta testers for months and will continue to do so. Let it go live and may the strong survive.

1 Like

Let’s be reasonable here, they are doing a massive update here. Level squish, leveling change etc. If it ain’t ready, it’s not ready. You should never execute a plan half-assed even though we might still end up with bugs. That is just lazy work