If I sub, what are my chances?

I’ll let Mary tell you your chances

2 Likes

Very low. I’m currently subbed since March but I wouldn’t have resubbed just for a chance to get in the beta. It’s a degraded experience because it’s still a work in progress and your in-game progress will ultimately be erased.

3 Likes

There is no way of knowing… but because they specifically mentioned criteria for SOME o the testers to be long time users, it sounds like you have a better chance than most.

But if there are 3 million current players subscribed… that’s a 1 in 3 million chance. If there are 500,000 people subscribed that were also in Vanilla… that’s a 1 in 500,000 chance they will get selected in that pool of selections.

If they invite 1000 of one and 1000 of the other… then you have 1 in 100,000 chance of getting in AND a 1 in 500 chance. Still a very small chance overall.

1 Like

100%. Do it!!

Or not.

OOohh. I did a quick scan and saw you used the word “Quit” in your post. This isn’t looking good for you.

I wouldn’t sub just to hope for a beta. I’m trying to convince myself to resub to play some retail THEN hope I get a beta. If I decide against playing retail, I’ll just wait. Only beta I’ve ever gotten from Blizz was the D3 Necro pack, and I’ve been playing since TBC, so I’d say the chance of any particular individual getting it is low. I could be wrong though, that’s just my experience.

you mite get in the stress test but if you want in now its very a very small chance.

1 Like

That depends do you sqear allegiance to the church of no changes or not

I got mine and I resubbed recently

Judging by what was said on the CS forums, the odds are not in your favor.

Thanks. Hope i get one too. I resubbed 30 days

1 Like

you fell for it my dude rip we are countless now

1 Like

Eh, I trade lunch out for the vending machine 2 days and it pays for it… Who knows i might log in and play some retail while I wait/hope on an invite.

Blizzard reminds me of how the military dealt with the f-35 or the bradley fighting vehicle.

Someone started with a good idea, then listened to a bunch of unreasonable demands from their superiors, and ended up with a product that is expected to do so many different things that it’s incapable of fulfilling its intended purpose.

Betas are supposed to be for finding and eliminating bugs. But someone who thinks of video games as “something my chauffer’s son plays on his phone” decided if they gave access to streamers, instead of people who played vanilla and have passion for the project thereby having both the knowledge necessary to identify bugs and the will to prioritize finding them, they could get both effective beta testing and free publicity.

Requiring people to sub to actually beta test is fine. It’s a naked exploitive cash grab, asking people to pay you for the honor of doing your job for you, but that’s pretty standard economics 101, paying, or charging, what the market will bear. I can’t fault them for that.

What I fault them for is the lunacy of only making current subscribers eligible for getting chosen for the beta. That literally degrades the quality of their testing pool while serving no useful purpose, since they’ve even advised, repeatedly, against subscribing just for a chance to get in the beta.

1 Like

Well darn…I guess I’ll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Few million subs, few thousand beta testers.
Odds are small to smaller for getting in.

101 days 5 hours 20 minutes and 10 seconds until Classic

Your chances will be above zero if you sub, zero if you don’t sub… It’s really as easy as that.

I went ahead and gave Blizz 3 months of subscription just to signal my approval of the Classic game. If I get into beta, fine. If I don’t, also fine.

Granted I did log into BfA for about 5 minutes just to slowly shake my head, but otherwise I’m waiting (patiently) for the real game to return.

blizzard posted how the beta folks were chosen.
I guess this was too complicated for the reading impaired.

i would just wait until a bigger beta comes out with more invites or save the money to actually use on classic itself

1 Like

I decided to throw a game token away on the outside chance. Perhaps the spurt of subs will let them know just how may people would rather pay for a remote chance at Classic beta than actually play live.

1 Like