If I RTB within 10 seconds,

Yeah I forgot toxic gets thrown around for anything nowadays if you disagree with someone, or they call you out for being a bad player. whatever, the word toxic has lost all meaning is everyone’s throws it around like it’s nothing

all I did was call someone out for not understanding basic probability and crossing in a little pun for fun.
But apparently that’s considered mean now

I’m trying to be as nice as possible, but honestly lets agree that at least your statement of calling me a potential “LFR Hero” is being toxic. Just because I was on alt posting you immediately jumped to a false conclusion.

Fine admittedly I was getting frustrated so I apologise for what I said, but you started getting nasty with me right off the bat attacking my corruption gear which I have no control over and completely unrelated to the discussion

Oh No I didn’t mean to sound “mean” by your gear, I meant that it’s really good so it seemed like it put you in a spot that it’s just easy for you to say the things you said because you have one of the best corruptions. If that makes sense, I also apologize if i came across as abrasive , if it helps I am super Jealous of that gear you have :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I did a huge amount of content to earn that gear, the more times you roll the dice the more chances to earn that kind of corruption you want. You are only seeing the good pieces equipped, not the literally 25ish pieces of bad corruption I have in my bags that I sim every time to get more dps out, toss on a big corruption price and maybe stack a few small ones so I am just under the nasty corrupted effects.

Well regardless I apologise for getting nasty with you. I read that corruption comment as you attacking me for something completely unrelated to the discussion. I’ve ran into people on these forums that don’t have a counter argument and will change the subject or attack you in anyway possible. Then mass report comments with a army of alts. It’s frustrating, because then you comment get marked as “trolling” and flagged even though it isn’t

I love RTB personally. And yeah I’ve gotten Buried Treasure and single True Bearing rolls 4-5 times in a row at times, and I just have to laugh. And ever since I got into DnD, I love it even more. Some sessions you can’t roll higher than 10 for hours and hours to save your life.

What if when you RtB and get the same roll, you get to keep that dice and get a free re-roll?

I play a few dice drinking games with my friends, the chance of you getting two of a kind is often rewarded instead of punished. So getting the same roll twice should guarantee two buffs; your old dice that you get to keep, plus a new one that automatically re-rolls again.

2 Likes

No RtB doesn’t need to go.

You just need to get good. Rerolling is part of the game, if you want to play a braindead boring spec, there’s sin for that.

Outlaw is at least as brain-dead and boring as Assassination. I don’t know if you think roll the bones is somehow interesting, but the logic behind rerolling is incredibly dull and formulaic - all the work is done at the point of simming.

Outlaw is a terribly unrewarding spec, despite its performance in pve, and it is mostly because of roll the bones. There is no reason the ability couldn’t be afforded some form of bad luck protection and then balance the spec around that occurring. It wouldn’t fix the simplicity of the spec in totality, but it would make one of the more painful aspects less painful.

Yeah except the double slash on sinister strike is worse than rtb in terms of gameplay. I mean imagine having to sinister strike 5/6 times just to reroll where lucky streak, you can reroll in 2/3 gcd depending if no broadside or opportunity shot.

Was originally going to roll DH in legion but outlaw is such a nice change of pace after playing rogue since classic.

How does GIT GUD apply to RNG rolling? this is just a stupid comment. I keep rolling, don’t get me wrong I just hate the mechanic.

What else are you going to do? Dispatch hit like a noodle, your core damage is going to be Between the eye and fishing for RP will buff that crit for BtE even more.

1.Loaded dice should be baseline.
2. If you reroll the same buff you keep it and apply the roll to a second buff

The could make slice and dice viable again, I mean if you look at my profile I’ve been a rogue for years . They could make it good again and just leave it up to us to choose if we want to keep rolling or have stead dps with Slice -n-dice.

Rogue main here since vanilla, rtb is better than boring buff that doesn’t enhance gameplay.

I find it boring whenever I don’t get crit or attack speed buff and have to re-roll over and over again. Such fun and invigorating gameplay.

Rerolling is crap gameplay.

1 Like

RNG is terrible gameplay well at least specs that are dependent on it. Unfortunately, outlaw rogues and RTB is not the only spec to suffer because of it. I hope they got the entire class dev team together and actually came up with a way to fix classes and specs for shadowlands. Returning one or 2 old spells isn’t going to solve anything.

RtB is fine and sometimes fun in PvE content as it’s relatively slow paced and predictable.
PvP, well it’s another world… That’s why outlaw is now a D-tier for arena and needs a dmg buff. Class balance shouldn’t be based on 1v1. At least RtB shouldn’t trigger GCD.

1 Like

I agree with the overall sentiment that they should reign in the RNG of roll the bones a bit, but it’s not too bad as it is right now. I made the switch two weeks ago and while there are fights where it’s lower overall it evens out in the long run. I don’t see huge swings anymore when Im using it correctly and I don’t even have loaded dice.

At least it has interactions with your abilities unlike slice and dice which was the epitome of a boring maintenance buff.

Combat was NEVER complex and was always pretty mongo. Even in MoP, the height of class design, it really didn’t have much going on. Maintain Slice and dice, revealing strike, rupture(if you were a try hard) and then go to town. Anyone who said combat has fallen from some mythical high place is fooling themselves.