If I pre-purchase Shadowlands

… from the in game shop but the OCD person that I am also wants the game box to add to my gaming library, does Blizzard offer some sort of refund policy if you buy the physical copy AFTER you pre purchase the digital ?

Side thought, missed opportunity to call the “40” version Normal and the $80 version the “Mythic”

3 Likes

Coming from someone who bought the “Mythic”… Save your money brother.

It’s not worth it.

2 Likes

Save money on what, Shadowlands purchase, or the physical copy? ^.^

I would only be buying the Heroic version anyways, i already have a plan for who to use the boost on… etc

From the sticky [Upgrading Your Version of Shadowlands], assuming you’re getting the Collector’s Edition:
" Upgrading from Any Digital Version to Collector’s Edition
If you purchase any digital copy of Shadowlands (Base, Heroic, or Epic), and then upgrade to the Collector’s Edition in the future, we will automatically credit you the cost of the digital copy in Blizzard Balance - as long as you enter the Collector’s Edition key before a future deadline. When you enter the key from your Collector’s Edition, we will see the original transaction on your account and the credit will be added. We will have details on this deadline when we have more information to share regarding the Collector’s Edition."

If you’re only planning on getting the physical Standard Edition, I don’t know if there is a credit refund, as the policy only mentions the Collector’s Edition.

If you prepurchase a digital copy and later apply a “higher” version (eg. Collector’s over Normal) you’ll get the purchase price of the digital copy refunded as battle.net balance.

Just buy the Collectors Edition bro.

Hard telling what Blizzard is going to do in the future.

Blah, $60 bucks in essentially “store credit” and no guarantee it works if I buy the exact level in digital and physical . Only if I upgrade.

i haven’t figured out if the $40 will be worth it yet.

Yeah, they answered that long ago :wink:

You get refunded your purchase of the digital in Blizzard Balance (if you end up getting a collector’s edition/whatever box.)

What? Oh, the refund is ONLY for the Collector’s. They assume that is the only reason you’d be buying a physical copy box.

Looking to find out where i am able to pre-purchase the collectors edition. IN the past i’ve gone to game stop and done it is there another option? Another retail outlet for it?