If I pre-order the shadowlands, do i get BFA?

Usually, the current expansion will be part of the base game once the next expansion is ready to go live.

It happened when Legion became part of the base game during BFA’s pre launch phase.

3 Likes

I assume something like that would be closer to release date though?

1 Like

I wasn’t aware they gave a release date on the next expansion.

Oh wait, they didn’t

2 Likes

Seems pointless to give a 120 boost if BFA isn’t included. Wouldn’t make sense to just market to current players.

7 Likes

Same as you Kippert. I won’t buy the pre-purchase if I have to buy BFA too, makes no sense and while I want to play Shadowlands? I have no interest at all in BFA which is why it was the first expansion I didn’t purchase as soon as it became available, now…here I am hesitating to buy Shadowlands because of it. Jugend is right, usually the preceding expansion is included when you buy the new one, when I bought Burning Crusade it came with Vanilla but I’ll admit, I haven’t purchased an expansion since without owning the one before it already so I’m at a loss, the “included” part doesn’t say BFA is included and if it isn’t? Not worth it to me, with a year until Shadowlands comes out, and no interest in BFA at all I’ll just wait and see.

8 Likes

They’re selling the pre-orders. It’s a valid question.

8 Likes

Whoa there! First things first…

You need World of Warcraft®: Battle for Azeroth to purchase this product.

This is the message i get when i try to pre-order. :frowning: looks like i gotta wait it out.

33 Likes

It JUST happened. And most everyone is gone for Blizzcon. You’ll have to wait.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that Kippert. Looks like I won’t be pre-ordering LOL

5 Likes

That was only if you spent more to buy the war chest, you had to buy the previous expansions to play the new one until Legion. Up until then they did not simply give everyone the previous expansion for free. They have never rolled the previous expansion into the new one until either after release of the next expansion or very shortly before.

3 Likes

Boo. Hopefully that leak from Blizz Brazil about free BFA to level 60’s in WoW classic was true. I guess we’ll see on Tuesday with the 15th anniversary changes.

Wait for Christmas time. They usually do a sale on the expansion and other Blizzard products.

The current expansion usually isn’t rolled into the base game until like a year into the next expansion.

They will probably do a sale on Black Friday (November 29th) as well, the day after Thanksgiving in the US. At least I’m 99% sure Blizzard does Black Friday sales, though I might be thinking of another company.

1 Like

my account is a inactive Legion capped account, i too am curious…if i get a Shadowlands deluxe prepurchase that has 120 boost… what happens?

nvm, read a post i missed somehow in hap hazard scrolling, BFA is required. guess i’ll wait for when BFA is part of basic game, also wait to see what happens on Beta, like i did for BFA and skip also, if required.

You have to upgrade to BFA, so if your account is only Legion currently, when you go to check out the price should reflect the cost for both expansions beyond the base game.

You would likely get 2 boosts, 110 and 120. One for BFA, one for Shadowlands.

Actually, in testing, it warns you that you need to buy bfa first.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was like that for WoD, but Legion was rolled into the base game during BFA’s pre-patch, IIRC. I imagine they’re probably going to follow that same pattern with Shadowlands.

although i mentioned the 120 boost, it or any other boosts do not interest me, or a determining factor, check my account, still have 100 boost from legion unused

We cannot do that. We’re players, as well. Blizzard employees have their text exclusively in blue.

2 Likes

i was talking to green poster, i should have quoted replied

MVPs are still players like you and I. Blizzard employees have their text exclusively in blue.

4 Likes

Not a Blizzard employee. Blizzard reps are blue, so I would have no capability to check your account.

3 Likes