If I pay a subscription, there should be some customer support

Correct. Achievements are one of the things they are VERY hands off of. They don’t even have the tools to touch most of those and if you can’t complete the Achievement for whatever reason, they are not allowed to give you the loot. Old Achievements are particularly annoying because if it is bugged the chances of them fixing old content is low. BUT they will tell you to just wait for a bug fix then do the a Achievement again.

Not saying you have to like that policy, but that is the policy. A lot of this is to avoid people scamming/cheezing GMs for loot :frowning:

That was 2012 when they fired 600 CS folks. Most have been re-hired and support is actually larger now because they have a lot more games to support than just WoW.

That increased demand is a large part of the issue with ticket volume. If it was just WoW, it would not be so bad.

I do AGREE that current system is hard to navigate, they don’t clearly explain what they can and can’t do so players wait days only to find out the GMs can’t help. Etc. It makes for a very poor experience overall. I think that could be improved but it would mean clear communication on Blizzard’s part. Clearly say what can’t be done so people don’t bang their head against a wall.

Why do people need GMs constantly anyway? I can only recall one time since the game launched that I had to submit a ticket, and that was just for item restore cuz I’m dumb.

I don’t really care about all of the excuses and rationalizations given by the green poster there - all I know is it used to be fun to speak with a GM. They were always great to talk to and helpful. It really made me feel good after I interacted with them. The way it is now is all those people are working somewhere else now and it’s a money-saving AI system for the most part. It’s fine, I know profits come before service, product and customers. I get it. It’s also not just Blizzard, this is all over the place nowadays.

This is 100% true. It DOES feel better to talk to a real person. Everyone would agree, I think.

The issue was that there were HUGE numbers of ticket coming in and direct live chat takes a lot of time. That is actually fine, in my book.

What was more of an issue though was that a lot of the tickets that came in were people who just wanted to chat, to see a GM in game, to get a GM joke, etc. Or they wanted to complain about a game feature, wanted something the GM could not do, etc. Everyone one of those tickets took time away from those the GMs could actually help.

I agree that it sucks that they stopped doing it very often. Hard to argue with that, even if it is easy to see why they had to, esp as the game grew and Blizz released other games for them to support.

2 Likes

Please don’t discourage people from submitting tickets for achievements not popping. GMs can and do award achievements. GMs have awarded me achievements that were bugged and wouldn’t pop. They can verify whether you’ve met criteria for them and manually award them (it may not be for all of them, but the few I’ve had issues with they have helped). That is if they actually care to investigate. The last time I had an achievement-related bug was an Draenor garrison one a couple years ago, again the last time I actually had a somewhat decent support session with them.

We pay a base game price and a sub fee on top of it. Trying to make Blizzard look like an innocent child here is ridiculous.

I had a pretty bad bug in the game just today on my warrior. Didn’t bother to report it because reasons. Was starting Chapter 5 of the Venthyr story-line campaign, where it sends you to Bastion…to click on a mirror to create a mirror for the main charactor to come through. Well, I did that, and the mirror spawned on me. I literally WAS the mirror. He came through the mirror and was standing 10 feet in front of me, yet I could not move, as I was the mirror DOH. So first reflex was, logged out and back in again to fix. Nope, was STILL stuck as being a part of the mirror. So I hearthed then fricken flew back out. Imagine if it was someone who’s hearth was on CD? /quit. Hope this all makes sense.

nobody has offered any proof.
as i stated above, the only people who complain about it, are the ones who expect GMs to do things they can’t do… which is why these threads ALWAYS omit basic information… such as why the person opened the ticket.

i looked at their website before my previous reply to you… as i said, i’ve never heard of them.
not sure why that’s funny?
i’ll just put myself on repeat.

it’s not the “cheap way out”… players shouldn’t need their hands held.
there are very few issues which require GM intervention.
Do you think clients contact Cisco because they don’t understand their homework, or because they’re lonely?
Because that’s quite literally the kind of stupid things people have been known to open tickets for.

“an issue”… the issue being that they didn’t read quest text, and decided that it would make more sense to open a ticket and wait a few days, rather than referencing community resources and being on their way within a minute or two.
…i hope that eye-roll emoji was aimed at your friends choices.

that doesn’t happen.
you have the option to reopen tickets until YOU mark them as resolved.

Technically…yes in some cases.

For a very few known bugs the GMs are given permission to help. That was one of them. There was no work around and it is literally game breaking - you can’t do the content without the Garrison as the expansion is based on it.

It is not that people can’t ask. They can. They need to be aware though that Achievements are VERY unlikely to be something they can help with. It is one of the more common misunderstandings and frustrations people have. It is fine to ask, but people should be prepared to be told no for most of it.

Yea they make it super convoluted to open a ticket now, before it was really simple and youd get a response.

What a joke. They probably cut the funding for it so now 90% of it is an automated b.s. response.

And it’s fine for people to say that’s terrible customer service for something they pay a subscription for and that it shouldn’t be that way.

If I ask Blizz for help (which I don’t cause their CS is horrid and pathetic) then I want a response from CS not someone pretending to play CS.

I notice that I wasnt able talk to gm in game like in wrath, and ticket are take 3 days. Once they read it, they just send you email and not solving the problem

can we all just give blizz a break pls, its not like there is a bunch of tech savy ppl out there who are willing to work

out wait, my bad, there is a ton of tech savvy folks who are looking for work

apparently they just don’t give a ratsass about us or their product

my favorite is when they close your ticket without resolving your problem

last time they did that i opened another ticket and gave them the previous ticket number. after a couple days of waiting i got a terse reply with unhelpful links. i sent a short response saying that their reply didn’t resolve my issue. i had to wait another two days for them to respond by asking me what my issue was.

they didn’t even bother reading my initial ticket

then perhaps they should apply for some of the open positions?

i have had good and bad GM’s. wait times vary but i seem to always remember it taking up to 24 hours at least.

I have had GM’s call me on the phone for tech support as i scramble to get wow to work before raid.

i’ve also had GM’s give me bad graphics drivers. they were trying to help but made an oopsy and that sucked for me (im not great at that stuff).

in recent experiences I was running brawlers guild and a GM was able to see that I did not receive rewards for beating hexos.

he granted me the rewards (honestly wasn’t sure if they could still do that)

Before that a GM saw that I did in fact have the summer fire festival achievement but was not granted the appearance of the crown so he granted it since the event had passed.

this is more rare to happen these days but it can still happen.

What i miss is the GM’s that will PM you with some crazy role play intro. they get really into it and stuff and pretend to be some methd out orc or something. honestly when that happens i don’t even care if my ticket gets resolved that stuff is the best.

The quest marker being way off isn’t a player problem, it’s lack of QA from the devs part and rushed expac.

nobody said it was a player problem… but it’s an issue which the player can resolve in fewer steps, and with less wait, than opening a ticket.

…a ticket which ultimately told them to do exactly what they should have done in the first place.

how do you figure that a delayed expansion was rushed. :roll_eyes:

I feel like you just sit and troll forums, you haven’t said anything of use, just trying to trigger people

people are triggering themselves… because they think GMs are servants.