If I joined the Venthyr Covenant in Revendreth. Will there be Vampire Options for those who wanted the Vampire Fantasy?

So since Revendreth has been announced and the Covenant is a group of vampires known as the Venthyr. Will there be more options for you the player in terms of being a actually vampire like Human, Elf, and etc?

Probably only in RP.

I sort of er… fail to see how this’d fit into the Story Forums.

But outside of the Covenant Armor, I highly doubt that.

2 Likes

Well, I can imagine temporary quest items, possibly toys. And depending on the raids and stories going forward, maybe even small “Nzoth’s Eye” / “Loyalist or Rebel” type choices. Maybe transmogs.

I dont see anything more serious than that, though. I dont see a “pallor” option for skin tones or fangs for races that dont already have them.

Blood DKs have a touch of that, and Shadow Priests have the Psychic Vampire thing going on.

They look vampiric and has a lot of attributes to that of a “typical” vampire but nothing as of yet is said that they’re “vampires”.

Perhaps “Lich/vampires” that siphons anima/soul’s energy which may as well label them as “psychic vampires” akin to that of a Shadow Priest’s draining abilities and vice versa with Death Knight’s.

The Venthyr resides outside our physical realm and this are sort of “spirit” denizens of the Shadowlands which also has a variety of diverse spirits.

A possibility perspective that might make sense is perhaps the close connection of the San’layn to which they may carry some sort of origin etc.

All in all we won’t know until more information is being released. We could speculate from now.

PS: Vampire term seems very broad and generic & we often interpret them as western vampires from films.

1 Like

I hope so.

Who knows?

The one guy they showed looked like he was pulled straight out of Brom Stoker’s Dracula. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure, the details differ, as they do with vampires in every setting, but they’re clearly WoW’s vampires. Just like Worgen are WoW’s werewolves and Scourge/Foraken are WoW’s zombies.

4 Likes

Makes sense,

After all, they’re not clearly named vampires but are vampires like with Worgen and Forsaken/Scourge than called out Werewolf & Zombie

San’layn were the real WoW vampires. Good old Blood Elves who followed Illidan only to die and be forced to serve the Lich King. >:D

Wow. I saw that movie maybe decades ago, and I hoped to never see that hair style again. And here we are.

If that hairstyle becomes available for players… that would be something.

I don’t care what cosmetic options they add. I still want Darkfallen to be an Undead AR.

3 Likes