If I declined your group/guild invitation once why do you keep sending it to me? (rant)

I’m a returning player (can’t remember my old account so had to make new everything which sucks). The last time I played was during Mists of Pandaria.I think that was 2014 or so. I’m trying to regain my bearings and figure things out again. One thing I never liked was playing in groups due to people being jerks. That’s the main reason I never do dungeons/raids/guilds or anything of that nature due to many sour experiences with others.

It’s nothing personal but I just don’t understand the overly persistent types who keep sending you an invitation that I already declined the first time. I appreciate it but I generally prefer to roll as a lone wolf. I don’t mind some assistance here and there and will help when needed but I like to go my own way. I just don’t get why you would send the same invite 3+ times to someone who already has declined everytime? I’m just not interested.

3 Likes

Most of the invitations sent out are either bots or people with scripts/macros and tend to not even notice when you decline the first or second time. Best bet is to go into interface>social>block guild invites.

7 Likes

I just wanted to be really really really sure.

6 Likes

If you don’t want to join a guild you can disable all invites; I think it’s under the social tab of your settings. Some guilds will just spam invite anyone who is not in a guild through addons which honestly is a bit annoying.

Being in a guild often comes with no obligations and will make it easier for you to reach out for help in the long run though; many accommodate all sorts of players but to each their own I guess

3 Likes

You can join a guild simply for the perks (I certainly do on all my characters). Once you’ve joined, you can turn off guild chats on your chat settings or something.

2 Likes

Can I join your guild?

We’re on a dead af realm if you were serious haha

If you’re getting spammed with guild invites from a specific person, ignore them. They were kind enough to warn you that their guild is so desperate for members that they’ve resorted to inviting complete randoms to keep themselves alive. They probably have no organization and their guild chat is most likely full of nothing but trolling and memes.

2 Likes

how dead and what realm?

Holy necro Batman. Rexxar misha, my guild is one of three horde guilds that even do anything

I’m probably guilty of this when listing for PUGs. If I’m looking up M+ groups I’m probably half paying attention while I watch/do something on my other monitor, and I just apply to any key that I’m interested in. It’s likely that after being declined I’ll queue up again if the leader re-lists. Not the same as what you’re ranting about, but similar I suppose.

For these clowns that want to grow their guilds based on the LOL BIG NUMBERS strategy, their script or bot or whatever just carpet bombs ginvites to every unguilded player it can find.

Disable guild invites. It’s the only way to combat this disease.