If Blizzard ever adds player housing

Oh, hello again.

It’s a shame your opinions on what a “good or bad idea is” are completely backwards.

Keep making disingenuous points! I’m bored and I want to roast you, again. :slight_smile:

yeah that doesn’t sound like a great idea.

you had a lovely herb garden in your garrison housing complex and a wonderful little pond.

i always felt completely at home in my garrison housing complex :slight_smile:

Thanks for the explanation. Having not played any other game that has a type of player housing… wasn’t sure what that entailed. Makes sense.

They are set to where you can only look you can’t move anything at all…its just allows you to walk though that is it.

Dark Age of Camelot still has the best housing set up of any MMO.

Even getting the houses was fair.

I actually really enjoyed logging in WoD. It was one of the only things I liked in that expac.

3 Likes

That actually sounds like a great idea. With the profession revamp and a new emphasis on professions, I feel like there could be something there. Maybe give people the option to buy and trade furniture. Maybe have some furniture come from certain raids or dungeons, or at least the recipes to make those pieces. Maybe a certain type of wood is needed from a certain area/expansion. Might make at least some people want to go out into the world and farm stuff. You don’t wanna interact with any of that and just want a house? Great, just buy it.

They could even make some cool things in terms of decore - functional stuff. A little pet battle arena, or a kennel to showcase pets. Showcase transmogs and armors on mannequins. Put your favorite sword or onyxia’s head on the wall.

Maybe have guild houses where people can contribute to its construction. Really, a lot you can do with housing

1 Like

You keep saying this, but everyone knows you don’t actually mean it. And everyone also knows it’s not true.

Disingenuous, as always. Also, remove me from ignore rofl

unfortunately, it really isnt that good of an idea…

if blizzard were to give us a second iteration of player housing, then the first iteration of player housing as garrison housing complexes would become obsolete, therefore making all of blizzard’s time and resources spent developing the garrison player housing would go to waste.

Couple points I’d like to make regarding this topic (sorry if they have been made already):

• People often note the flaws of garrisons, mainly that they were a very isolated place with too much of a reason for players to stay in them all day. While this was true at the time, the problems regarding such matters have been largely solved. For example, the very next expansion had order halls that utilized even more advance forms of phasing to allow people to share a space while having that said space look different to each player based on their progress. This same tech can be applied to a house, similar to what is done in New World where 2 people can own the same plot at the same time and each see their own version of their house on it.

• Adding housing would improve dramatically the reward pool of items, and it would probably expand things such as crafting. Rares in the world, rep, bosses, etc. would all now have the potential to drop items for your home. I think a lot of toys too could be converted or double dip as things for a house.

• With regards to whether or not garrisons are player housing, I think it is largely a semantics argument because we are arguing over how to define it, but I would be in the camp of saying it was a prototype of player housing that did not get carried forward as core content to the game. The carried forward I think is the biggest distinction we all need to make, because their is virtually no version of player housing in any game where that content is not a core feature.

1 Like

It should be called “Carpentry”, since there’s already PLENTY of Trees to be found in nearly every zone; with each type of Wood from those trees that we can Harvest can be used in creating certain types of furniture… And that Night Elves and Nightborne would have a Racial Passive increase to Carpentry.

1 Like

It would be so wonderful to have that profession along with the ability to make ones own house…and put in things you want …not what some Dev wants…

1 Like

I loved my Carpenter in Ever Quest 2. When they added the ability for guild castles, my decorating took off. I was already getting known in the housing market, but this was a next level business. When I left the game, I was the number 1 richest person and had the 3rd richest guild in the game.

Cool thing was I got invited to any content I wanted by other guilds that needed an extra hand. No one ever asked me to join their guilds and all guilds knew I would bend over backwards to help them out when I could.

1 Like

I felt like, if I didn’t wanna do quests or… I could do my ‘garrison’ stuff. Followers, herbs, fishing, Trade house, profession, … I really enjoyed this too!