If alliance players got a new race what would they want most?

Sethrak. Please and thank you.

4 Likes

High elves. True high elves, with their natural gifts, not customizations on void elves.

1 Like

Given that the Sethrak are very closely allied with the Zandalari currently it seems unlikely that this will happen. You even see them at the coronation of Princess Talanji and the funeral of Rastakhan. Unless they wanted to split the factions with the Sethrak and have the Faithful going horde and the Faithless going alliance. As even trolls pray to the Loa Sethrallis.

1 Like

Bold statement coming from an elf race that was only tied to Alliance prior to their introduction to WoW as a playable race.

I really expected the Jinyu/Ankoan to join the alliance as an allied race and would’ve had mechagnomes as a customization unlock for gnomes.

Since the Jinyu have been allied with the alliance since MoP finding,and then another tribe that also aided/joined the alliance again. Kinda seems like a no brainer that they would become playable. They are a very cool race.

1 Like

I’m just saying that as it stands currently without some story development it seems unlikely. Throughout WC3 we saw the attitude of the Sin’dorei shifting due to the treatment of the elves and of Prince Kael’thas. We just haven’t seen a scenario like that arise yet for the Sethrak. Not saying impossible, just unlikely given current story.

1 Like

If those ever become playable I hope they get a new rig. That male night elf rig the NPCs use had been recycled far too many times even before allied races, but now that Nightborne use it too it’s really tired.

Honestly I’d like to see all of them playable in game. One I don’t think anyone mentioned I’ll toss out. A ghost race similar to the oathbreakers of Lord of the Rings. They agree to serve the Alliance to fulfill an ancient debt so that they can move on. The ones that are players decide to remain behind when their people are freed from the “curse”

Probably a race from Iron Forge to Redridge.

I think if they got the go ahead for Jinyu/Ankoan they add in a lot more bones, animations, redesign of some sorts. The Vulpera got several iterations before going live, so you can bet so would the Jinyu/Ankoan.

I’m highly in favor of this as well. For folks who say sethrak only have positive horde interactions, that may be true. But high elves used to fight for the alliance and fight against trolls. So there’s always plot that can make it work.

Vulpera aren’t going to forget about the sect of faithless who enslaved them any time soon.

Every allied race that has been added came with story development to justify it, to be fair.

Some were just simpler than others.

Pretty much this. They have to write the story for it to work. But that’s just a thing they can choose to do if they make it happen.

Naarus.
They fight the evil like we do. They shine. They save things.

transmogs would apply to christmas ornaments you hang on them

1 Like

You joke but I would definitely play an alt as an abstract glowing symbol.

edit: Fulgrim coming in to tell us why Alliance can’t have Sethrak again.

Somehow I doubt the Sethrak are going to go against the faction who canonically freed them, overthrew their tyrant emperor and rescued their Loa. Nor will they be turning on their allies the Vulpera and Zandalari Outcasts. Keep dreaming though.

1 Like

Called it.

Hey, it is my number 1 hater being friendly to me.
Thanks I guess. I would join you in the abstract glowing symbol party.

Unded elffs!