If a spell is on cooldown, use another one

So I really want to make a macro on my DK where both my silence and my pet’s silence are the same button press(with no mods choosing alt or something like that). if mind freeze on CD then use Leap, else use mind freeze.

Is there a way to do this? I’m guessing no because everything I have googled, the answer has always been no… But the last post that touches this subject is back in 2013, so I figured I would see if anything has changed in that time!

Thanks!

No

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer!

The closest answer would be:
/castsequence reset=cooldown-5 spell1, spell2

The reset has to be long enough to allow spell2, but also when you use spell 2, that restarts the timer for “reset”, but since there is no 3rd spell it resets either when you cast spell 2 or 5 seconds before spell 1 is off cooldown. A lot of the time my “reset” value is half of the cooldown that allows me time to cast spell2, and enable a spell 3. Also add combat and it will force reset after combat has ended.

4 Likes

Look at addon “GSE”, also called “Gnome Sequencer Enhanced”.

6 Likes

#showtooltip Chain Lightning
/cleartarget [dead][help]
/targetenemy [noexists]
/castsequence reset=cooldown-6 Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt

Yup cast sequence for the win

4 Likes

Sorry to necro this thread but I wanted to stop by and thank you guys for this. My 1-button Shadow Crash / Vampiric Touch button works perfectly <3

please, do share! kinda see the benefit in that already