Ideas to improve Pet Battle PVP

Well I have over 10,000 pet battles won, so chances are one or two meta pets have slipped onto my team at one point.

Sue me.

6 Likes

Yep, you are the cheat Blizzard openly encourages. 150 more wins, and I won’t ever have a reason to do any more of the intentionally broken garbage that Blizzard’s least competent designers (and that’s saying something these days, with entire zones going into production without ANY playtesting) have lumbered the game with.

Although I do have to question your claim of 10k wins if you claim to like the Unborn Valkyr but think that 1500 damage over two active turns isn’t a heavy hitter.

How am I a cheat? Are you trolling or being intentionally dense? I honestly have no idea what you’re trying to do here

Ya, Blizzard is totally twirling their moustaches, laughing at you ragequit their unranked pet battle minigame.

If you wanna question my 10,000 wins, you can just go with my 5,000 win achievement I got back in WoD.

You have 4 rounds to mitigate Curse of Doom and Haunt was nerfed to the ground. It’s not close to A-tier these days. I’d rather face Val’kyr over any Darkness->Nocturnal Strike combo.

3 Likes

Well, thank you for revealing another method of cheating in PvP Pet Battles. Of course, there’s nothing to PvP Pet Battles except cheating. (No, the fact that every cheat has a counter-cheat does not make them not cheats. It just means you have to hope you’re lucky and get someone who’s cheats your cheats will beat. Blizzard developed a minigame so incompetently that were it something done face to face, people would be getting murdered.)

What is this method? You’ve failed to outline how I was a cheater initially and now, how I cheated additionally since then.

I’m beginning to think you have issues.

2 Likes

Perhaps because you’re acknowledging that the Darkness->Nocturnal Strike combo is, in reality, extremely feeble and has less than 10% chance of being fielded by the winning side and has no chance against anyone fielding the current ultimate cheat, Anomalous.

Of course you do, you don’t object to cheating. To the extent that you don’t even know what cheating IS.

Woo Hoo, they’ve invented FPVP (Forum Player-vs-Player)

1 Like

Okay, but it’s not cheating. I’ve beaten all of “cheating” / “rage-inducing” teams with unorthodox teams a majority of the time just because I have more game sense and I gain an advantage playing using unique teams(though I gravitate toward weather teams). What advantage, you may ask?

I know how they’re going to play, but they don’t know how I’ll play. So I’ll simply juke their strategy and their whole auto-win gimmick goes in the garbage. (I’ll change the weather when I know they’re prepping for Darkness or Sunlight/set up a dodge or blind when they do a charge or heavy hitting move and it just puts them so behind).

I do. Playing the best comp/pets isn’t cheating. Exploiting something like the turn change bug, stun chain, etc is.

The irony is palpable.

It’s been here since the Forums inception, my friend!

2 Likes

I totally agree. Just sorry to see any thread degenerating to people arguing with each other.

Also agree this in no way cheating, just inevitable response to putting achievements and rewards into Pet PvP. Newbies trying it out get sick of getting repeatedly stomped by the grinders with their meta teams and quit. Vicious circle, not that many people doing it so we sit in queues forever.

The concept was great, instead of PvP punching keys fast as possible, turn-based strategic thinking. Just doesn’t seem to have worked out though.

1 Like

Fair point. I feel like he’s just baiting at this point, so I’m just going to stop reading and replying to him. Should’ve done it earlier.

5 Likes

Uhhh
 You’ve never gone to a Magic The Gathering in person meeting at a game store then. Where real people with real Magic cards sit around and play their made up decks against each other before the evening/afternoon event starts. You’ll often see old timers with meta decks face rolling each other and newbies. People laugh, say GG and play another round

Geez guy. Relax. Maybe getting this achieve isn’t worth the heart burn it is causing you.

Edit to add:

I should have read to the end and just left the thread
 lol

How is it that the battle pet pvp queue system issues are STILL ignored by WOW? Thank you for naming this Praxxis.

Removal of “RNG.” Ei: Play against the same player 5 times in a row, and each time his Noobisath Idol lands a crit with sandstorm, on the exact same turn, in each game, like it was scripted
 Worse still is that this player is able to COUNT on this crit to win, in each case.

Imo, the reason no one plays pet battles anymore is sole because of garbage like this.

The intention of this thread was “Ideas to Improve Pet Battle PVP” rather than to degrade into two people arguing.

My regrets to all who took the time to share their creative ideas.

One of the things I so appreciate about the battle pets community is how generous peeps are with their time when it comes to helping out other players.

Thank you to all who care & contribute to this challenging yet fun part of WOW.

2 Likes