Ideas For Fun Game Play

Let’s provide positive ideas and concepts on how to make a better World of Warcraft for everyone!

I would love to see at level cap all raids become available even legacy! also, allow all dungeons to be accessible at level cap with appropriate level rewards comparable to the latest dungeons of the current expansion.

I would also like to see order halls make a return with a permanent henchman system and solo raid dungeons like mage tower for a challenge that doesn’t require organizing a large group but just for cosmetics and challenge!
I would also love to see warlocks be able to subjugate demons as pets similar to hunter

I have much more but would love to see what you folks come up with!

4 Likes

Ive given up on it honestly I think many have.

2 Likes

I don’t think blizzard could do it without shooting themselves in the feet with a wailing arrow.
but, for funsies, I really like what I heard on a Bellular video about brawls and a comp stomp option.
I would love to see an option to do a comp stomp where I can go in with other people or by myself. Pick my team and pick the opposing team and have fun. If I want a bunch of warlocks vs. a bunch of mages I could do that. whatever. How hard would that be? Probably not because the island tech exists and it is used for these brawls that are coming back.

Kinda pointless and redundant though, isn’t it? We can provide logical ideas til we’re blue in the face, it still won’t make the sleight bit of difference to them. Might as well be dreaming of winning the lottery. At the end, you have to come back down to Earth.

1 Like

I don’t think WoW’s issue is that it doesn’t have fun core gameplay. It’s that they force people into grinding tangentially related systems by making them hugely important to power progression.

Like, sure, class design could be more interesting, but it gets the job done and that’s not the reason people are annoyed right now.

There are a lot of things I’d like to throw out there in the context of a reboot or sequel or whatever where Blizzard would have the freedom to try going a different direction, but realistically that’s not what WoW needs right now. It needs to sort out what it has right now.

I wanted to say that I love your character! So cute.

For my idea, I guess I’d have to go with optional AI teammates who can tank, heal, or deal damage for you in dungeons, Torghast, raids (especially old ones so you can do them at level) etc.

Also gear capped at unranked conquest level (200 this season, 226 next season) in unrated PvP.

2 Likes

Both “fun” and “better” are entirely subjective. That means that what is “fun” for you is NOT “fun” for the other million players. What is “better” in your mind is “worse” for many players.

Blizzar makes a game that is “good” and “fun” for lots of people, NOT for you and NOT for me. The people that the game is “fun” for play it. The people that it is “not fun” for don’t play it.

The game is not designed for you, and never will be. The technology doesn’t exist in 2021 to give each player a different game that is “fun for them”.

Glad you guys stopped in to comment, I know the game for many is in a bad place, I wish I was really Elon musk I could buy blizzard take it off the stock market make it a private company, so these time played metrics our whatever didn’t drive the game’s design with obnoxious grinds. again my second post here and I hope things get better or another great MMO comes out!

I try to find fun by pushing the highest healing numbers I can

#pulltheripcord do it and I’ll have fun again

how about cov vs cov games? pvp but with mixed factions

i’d like more outdoor puzzles and collectables plz

1 Like

I’d take it. To true pvp purists…everything is a target at some point.

9 years of eve game play I have fought for and against the very same alliances. In them and fought for them, found new homes and a year or so later…well now they are war targets.

All good…all I wanted was killmails. Targets is targets. +1 to the count…all that matters.

You mean the better AI from like Islands and not the AI like WoD bodyguards, right? Haha… r-right?

1 Like

I hope they would be like the bonkers AI from the first comp stomp! (before the hotfix) So OP and hard to beat that they had to be nerfed :laughing:

1 Like
  • Give us player housing for crying out loud there are so many things you could do with it - everyone loved the garrisons because we had our own little spaces.
  • Like you said allow every raid to be done at current max level for similar Ilvl rewards. There is so much content in this alone.
  • Allow scaling down to zones to do things like timeles isle, broken shore, N’zoth invasions, Horrific visions to get relevant rewards.
  • Give us reasons to go to major cities have it be massive invasions or faction wars I just want to have a reason to go around Azeroth every once and while.
  • Bring order halls back and make them apart of every expansion to some extent, I miss them so much. Let us have big class raids where we do content just with our order halls like a bunch of mages pushing back a legion invasion or a bunch of priests cleansing an undead area.

I feel WOW can use much better AI for mobs.

The mobs feel too stupid and i wish they have more skills and complex thinking that would really give player troubles.

For example, mobs can stay in groups and try to root, stun and burst on players.
When they are alone as humanoid, they would immediately try to call in support (the amount of support they try to seek can be related to players gear levels).
When they face more than 1 players, they will try to poly, blind, sap or fear players.

Let’s design four brand new abilities for each class but only let them use one.

Thats fun.

This is complicated waters.

Like if one pull to many of the now smarter mobs you get stun locks.

Which already happened in the post squish for some raids. You really want to avoid the harems in BT. with the aoe capping and such…CC can get so bad players have reported they have had to hard dump the client.

Or using a skyrim example one of the paid mod offerings was new magical arrows. NPC’s saw these too in their gear lists. And you were pretty much screwed if more than 2 archers were there as they too got your fun arrows. All 10 of the them Aimed at you…

Stop making a list of fun things . Blizzard will make sure it does not happen . Use reverse logic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like