Ideas for 2 new allied races

Only a Small Number of Goblins serve the horde as well

As for Female Ogres, you could probably reuse the female dire troll model of BfA. We also have access to Gorian Ogres post Mag’har recruitment scenario, so we can literally just use them to get some juicey juicey Gorian influences and Smart Ogres again.

3 Likes

Not to mention you can easily pull off the Mok’nathal look as an orc. In fact, the Mok’nathal in Bladespire use orc models, I think.

To those who are uninitiated in lore they look exactly like giant mag’har.

1 Like

Have we ever seen Rexxar without his helm?

As much as I really want to play a two-headed Ogre Warlock, I don’t think Blizzard wants to put in the work to redesign the Ogre’s model to wear player armor as well as design a completely new female Ogre model.

Mok’nathal would be a more likely outcome given Rexxar’s new model and they could just modify the female Orc model.

I’ve constantly said I prefer Half-Elves over High Elves for the Alliance, but with the new ear size options comin’ in Shadowlands for Blood Elves, and possibly Void Elves, that is probably no longer feasible. Most likely the answer would be to just play a Blood/Void Elf with the short ears and RP a Half-Elf. Oh well.

I’ll still hold out for Vrykul and Man’ari.

Rexxars model isn’t compatable with Gear TMK, so it’s the same amount of work eitherway. They also could modify the female dire troll model for female ogres. The only iffy portion would be how they’d so two heads, but in reality it could just be a second cosmetic slot.

1 Like

I mean High Elves are already playable. Plus its unknown wither or not Humans or Void Elves would get Half Elf Options.

So next Allied Races would be Ogres for the Horde, and Arakkoa for the Alliance.

Same with Vrykul for the Alliance and San’layn for the Horde if San’layn becomes a thing.

Well, degenerate was your word, not mine. I wouldn’t call either transfer a degeneration, merely a mutation.

Agreed. Or that animation rig at least.

Agreed, but this is another that would be a core race, not an AR.

1 Like

I have never once felt this.

2 Likes

What about Ogres?

Ogres, yeah, they’ve been around since Warcraft 2 and have had a much more profound impact on both the Horde and the overall world. Much higher category than Half-Elves, which there’s only like four of, five if you count Kalec’s human form.

5 Likes

stormheim-vyrkul for alliance, ogre for horde would be fit, both get a “giant-race”
Flying arrakoa and Mogu would be nice too :wink: Mogu4horde and flying arrakoa for alliance.

There are only two races I will accept down the road on red team.

Ogres and Mantid. Preferably Mantid, but I’ll take the win otherwise.

Alliance has plenty of better options than half-elves (:face_vomiting:) such as Vrykul, Broken, Ankoan/Jinyu, Arrakkoa (Apexis vs. Gorian), or even Botani.

1 Like

Botani? Wellaaaa, I like my organic scourge better as neutral fraction.

broken are not a good option, The Alliance no longer needs a race that would only play a small group, and the Alliance is starting to have more than enough of those. But I agree that it would be boring to introduce half elf as an allied race.

Arrakoa, Vyrkul, they’re more likely to bind people than brokers.

Ogres or Mok’Nathol for the Horde. Rexxar as their leader.

Broken for the Alliance (their ugly though so I doubt the alliance would allow this). Nobundo as their leader.

These are the 2 best fitting races lore wise that could fit in immediately without having to create a story as to why they are here.

1 Like

I think a cosmic race like Ethereals would do us far more good than something like Ogres.

“You’d be stupid to use biology in WoW!”
proceeds to use biology in WoW

Also no, both of these are incorrect. None of these races are significant “downgrades” over the other. Except MAYBE the ogre to orc, given that the orcs have shown to thrive and grow more powerful than the Gorian Empire probably ever was.

But then again, that’d require you to acknowledge the good in something that wasn’t an elf, which I imagine if you did, your head would explode.

1 Like

I will accept Ogres, Black Drakonids, Hozen and Saberon as core races.

San’layn, Mok’nathal and Satyrs as allied races.

The term “devolution” is biologically meaningless because it is impossible, but from the etymology one assumes it would mean “backwards evolution,” which is not how you are applying it. Evolution also doesn’t recognize “upgrade” or “downgrade” as meaningful terms. Those are just individual opinions.

For example, one could just as easily argue that Night Elves are a downgrade from Trolls (they can’t even regenerate) and Orcs are an upgrade from Ogres (they seem to be both smarter and able to procreate much more effectively).

1 Like

that would doesn´t fit, because the broken would played only by a small part of the playerbase.