Idea on Frost Mage Changes (PvE)

Hello so since we all know that frost is pretty bad in PvE. I think a very very simple and quick change can be made to the brain freeze talent making it so both instant cast and regular casted frostfire bolts can be used by fingers of frost.

This change will allow a frostfire bolt spec to flourish in frost pve cata and possibly could see it contest with the other specs.

I can not express enough changes should be made this time around, specifically not being afraid to make tuning changes to keep metas fresh and healthy and less “calculated” due to being exactly the same as it once was.

The best fix I found was by not clicking on frost, instead, I clicked fire… after that… it was like… dang mage purdy good…

1 Like

I would like to see frost be a decent option of PVE playstyle. It’s a fun spec that lacks the oomph.

Yes, fix my frost mage k thx

The problem is frost is incredibly strong in PvP. Any damage gain would just make them even better…

Only way you could keep it balanced is to somehow work in abilities that can’t be used in PvP. So I would do something like buff Deepfreeze on bosses, for instance deepfreeze now does damage but ALSO increases your critical damage dealt by 100% for 30 seconds. Since Deepfreeze only stuns in PvP its a buff that doesn’t change anything.

1 Like

i agree, if you want to see mages dominate even harder in PVP buff them in PVE lol

I don’t give a damn about pvp, plz fix class k thx

1 Like

Class is fine. Spec is even fine. You just have to realize you are a mage. That is your class. Specs have benefits and pitfalls. I cannot be a holy priest and saying my spec does not do the damage of arms warrior, this is bull. Why? Because that spec is for healing. If I want to damage I dont go holy, I go shadow, even if I really want to PVE dps as holy in raid. As mage if you want to DPS pve you probably are going to have to go fire or arcane. If you want to pvp its going to probably be frost. You can go against this of course, just dont get mad when people arent inviting you to groups and whatnot.

That’s nonsense, we should be able to have the frost mage flavor without the other crap dragging us down. I’ve never understood how one of Blizzard’s main characters is a frost mage and we struggle to stay relevant. I mean, I KSM 3-4 and heroic raid in Shadowlands but in general, nothing to speak of for older expansions

Its fine in other expansions. That is just how the cookie crumbles here.

My idea is a fine fix for frost that doesnt effect pvp either. No one is going to be hard casting frostfire bolt in pvp because if you get locked thats a 2 tress lockout, but it also makes it insane for pve. Either way it needs buffs for pve.