Idea: Make it so you can't rez by running back into the instance portal as a ghost

So hear me out…

Right now if you wipe as a raid, you just run back in as a ghost. BUT, I am thinking, to make World PVP even better, how about make it so you can’t run in as a ghost to rez. Instead, you have to rez outside the instance/raid portal, and you cannot enter for 10 seconds.

What do you think?

Nah, doesn’t make any sense. My corpse is in there, not outside.

3 Likes

Yea that is a horrible idea, especially for pvp servers.

Die in instance/raid, forced to fight through an army of portal/orb campers to get back inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-giqAVAnCp8&feature=emb_logo

How’d you like to try to make it back into BWL through that mess?

1 Like

Nah, griefers don’t need more ammunition.

2 Likes

Technically not griefing. If you are on a pvp server or on a pve server and flagged for pvp that is not griefing, it’s pvp.

PVP is not griefing.

It can easily lead to griefing. Especially when if people have to run back, they’re already spending more time just to raid.

PVP is an objective of the game. PVP is not griefing. If you don’t want to engage in player combat in WoW, you don’t have to - play a PVE server.

Imagine a level 60 rogue camping the entrance to Deadmines/SFK? Fun ten seconds…

100% agree with Esimpure here.

1 Like

I agree if this rule change was made, it wouldn’t neccessarily be griefing. It really depends on how long it goes on for.

But I also think it’s a dumb rule change. Its a change that benefits camping instances instead of actually looking for pvp, which really doesn’t need further incentivizing.

There’s also no benefit to the people who have to wait ten seconds, they only stand to lose. A wipe is punishing enough and you want to make it a wipe plus being forced to pvp for long enough to even zone in? You’re stuck waiting til your whole raid can zone in, or you have to pull with people who got killed absent. Suddenly one wipe can cost a ridiculous amount of time.

It just sounds like making the game worse for one group (raiders) so another group (pvpers) can punish them.

1 Like

Its a stupid idea, meant only to allow immature players a chance to gank someone at half health before they can continue with their raid. Not everything on a pvp server is focused on pvp. People should still have the right to go into a “safe” instance to finish their run. There is already plenty of ganking on the way into the zone initially.

1 Like

Engaging players who clearly just want to raid is griefing. That’s what we’re talking about here. The OP wants to troll players who are already salty by virtue of having wiped. He’s not pushing for PvP between like minded players. He’s asking Blizzard to force them into PvP under circumstances where they clearly want nothing to do with it. Kind of like a toddler constantly tugging on their parent’s leg while they’re just trying to get dinner ready. If you don’t consider that to be griefing, you’re pretty darn immature.

Why is this idea good and not dumb?

only a multiboxer would really agree with this idea, so how many toons do u plan on camping the orb?

What do you mean “World PVP”? Oh, you want to be able to gank opposite-faction raid members by standing at instance entrances.

All those in favor of totally destroying the idea of raiding, to help out ganking griefing campers who ARE NOT part of the raid?

Wouldn’t it be easier to just randomly pull members of raids out of the instance and deposit them in enemy capital cities? That’s the same, but better, if your goal is ruining carefully planned and organized raids.

1 Like