Idea for reverse teleport

Give mages a spell where they can teleport to another player anywhere in world. Like a reverse summon. 20 min CD
Thoughts?

1 Like

Nah, give it to another class. Don’t need all of the travel utility with one class.

It wouldn’t really make sense for another class to have it.

1 Like

That would be awesome.

I also play gw2 and that game has a consumable called “teleport to friend” which allows you to teleport to a party member of your choice (it gives you a dialogue to choose). You don’t need it often but when you need it, YOU NEED IT.

If the destination is in an xpac area that the player hasn’t paid for, the game doesn’t allow it, and the teleporter can’t be in combat (friend/party can be) but almost everything else is allowed.

You: Hey Guildies! Anyone in Vale? I’m in Uldum and I want to hop there and finish the dailies.
Random Guildie: I am dude
Join Party.
Teleport to friend
You: Thanks dude Drop party.

1 Like

Sure it would. Why not?

I mean in terms of abilities. Other classes don’t teleport around.

Yeah they do. Druids, monks, and DK’s all teleport. Vulperas all “teleport”. Just needs to be thematically consistent with the class and it’s fine.

I was always partial to the idea of adding temporal/spacial group abilities. Like blinking an ally forward or alter time for an ally/enemy

1 Like

How about giving mages hostile teleport?

“Oh you thought you were going to snag our flag and get away with it?!! Not so fast!!! … SAY HELLO TO ANCIENT DALARAN!!!”

4 Likes

Monks already have it.

We already have the golden ticket.

One of the most unique variations of this idea I’ve seen was from Lord of the Rings Online. The Guardian class (heavy armor tank) has a skill to make an Acorn Whistle. You could then mail it to someone, they get it and use it, and you get summoned to them. Although something like this doesn’t seem likely to be added, it was a very unique feature for that class.