Ichabod pet

Does he come in a gift box like the fel drake? Or does he just appear in your inventory?

In the pet journal you have to unbox him, but you also need to redeem on the bnet website with a code from twitch.

2 Likes

that’s right! I forgot about the code.

Thank you.

1 Like

So wait you have to buy 2 subs to get this pet? I don’t get it.

Yes “gift two subs” on twitch twitch then gives you a notification with the code to redeem. Cost me about 16 Australian dollars to do. I think it’s like 12 American?

Oh. That’s dumb. I’ll skip that. Thanks.

1 Like

you’re basically paying $10 for the pet. you just have to go thru Twitch to do it.

Hah, yeah so did I. I was scratching my head for about an hour before I asked in the chat what was going on.

Yea, I wouldn’t normally buy anything from the store, so I’ll pass on this one.

I kinda like that they at least are offering this option to support streamers. I gifted 2 subs on a smaller streamer. I think its nice to get a pet for helping the community rather than just paying Blizz in the store. And I got to help out a couple smaller streamers. Likewise I’m getting my 4 hours of watch time for the fel drake in on smaller streamers too.

1 Like

$10.00

If you’re watching me, I appreciate that very much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Their instructions assume the readers is very familliar with Twitch, which I think is mistake. Since it’s basically the same as buying from the store but some streamers get the money, I figured why not. Unfortunately, it’s not at all obvious to me exactly what I have to do.

I went to their list of eligible streamers, found two, and bought a subscription from each. I have yet to get the code though – did I do it right or does it just take a while?

They say in the instructions that you should buy the subscription ‘While the channel is live streaming World of Warcraft’. I thought that’s what I was doing, only to later realize that what I assumed was a live stream was, in fact, a replay of an earlier WoW stream. That makes me think that I bought to subs for nothing, but its not super clear. I mean, I picked two people off their list, if it’s critically important that they be live streaming when the sub is purchased, they didn’t do a great job of impressing the importance of that part. They mentioned it, but if that was critical they should have put that in bold above the list of eligible streamers or something.

Apparently subbing won’t even work you need to “gift subs”.

How do you ‘gift subs’?

OK, I clicked the ‘Gift a Sub’ button and sent it out to the community on one of their eligible streamers. If they have to be live when I do it, then I’ve missed out again and this will be by far the most expensive pet I’ve ever bought :roll_eyes:

The streamer has to be live, they have to be on the list of acceptable streamers (see the news article), and the gifted subs cannot be anonymously given. This last part wasn’t part of the article, but found out by some streamers.

Jeez, so glad they made this crystal clear and easy to do. This is going to be a $45 pet in the end, thanks Blizzard.

Got the pet – Thanks for the tip about the anonymous gifting.

Just to make the last leg a PITA, the notification says “Click here to redeem” and it takes you to the redemption page but does not fill in the code. Which you can’t copy & paste because clicking on the notification just immediately pops you back to the redemption page. I had to bloody screenshot the code and manually enter it.

This has been a well though out and wonderfully executed promotion.

10/10 Would stab self in the eye again.

1 Like

Glad you got the pet, and happy to be of help. As to the whole code thing… yeah not sure why that whole part was that cumbersome, specially when the kite and mount just show up in our collections. Have fun… I’ve been running around with my guy.