Ice fishing holes

are a lot better than the normal fishing pools where you hate to see someone come and join you.

https://prnt.sc/IqviINdtfuvF

1 Like

The new fishing activities seem more group friendly/co-op minded than other activities.

For one of the harpoon world quests I snagged a baby shark and then two other people nearby hooked onto the same shark. When it got pulled up on land, I got an achievement for using “teamwork” when really I was low-key annoyed at the thought of someone stealing my credit so blatantly. It ended up not being the case.

Fishing activities are lit this expansion imo.

11 Likes

I can not find info on Wowhead that tells me where ice fishing holes are located, or where highlands fishing is able to be done.

Anyone that could tell me where these waters are, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

you need to have high enough rep but generally the ice fishing is in this area with the the blue frozen water

https://prnt.sc/9hxMcFjwYeO3

and the highland pools are marked for each area - you may or may not find some at each location (they are a real pain to fish)

2 Likes

Can you tell me what kind of icon they are marked with? Using addons that show everything, but have not noticed a highlands fishing icon, and i have the renown to do it.

Thanks.

Highlands I think is just if theres a prismatic fish pool, thats a highland.

1 Like

I am not sure there is an icon - I just fly to that area and see if there are any pools up.

but i can not wait till the bonus blue spots show up
in ice fishing

Looking for an icon for Highlands fishing spots. I have no idea what the game considers “Highland”.

Have not found anything yet in game.

Whats that look like? On my map, pools are represented by a yellow fish icon.

i mean the schools of the fish that starts with the word prismatic. Prismatic Leapers

1 Like

Thank you, that helps.

I’ve literally interacted more with the wow community at ice fishing holes than anywhere else lmaoo

1 Like

1 Like

Above the elemental water chest in the plains theres always a pool up top, and next to the maruuk village, it respawns pretty quick too. I think there is a few north of the town too. in the elevated areas

1 Like

Yeah I just ranked up to ice fishing last night and I’m looking forward to trying out this evening. I assume it will be just like the prismatic fish pools that show up as yellow dots on your minimap.

And in icy areas :grimacing:

Ice fishing is pretty easy to spot, you’ll see cracks in the ice.

2 Likes