Ice Barbed Spear Will Break Weaponsmith URGENT

Well I am hoping this thread brings attention to the problem. This weapon only makes sense in the context of Korrak the bloodrager that is super hard to kill. Like a world boss scenario. It should not be an award for free.

2 Likes

The hard part about killing Korrak was him being there to kill

1 Like

It’s not even a problem. Do you also complain that MCP makes Reaper and Champion worthless when it’s so much better for Rets? Just because weaponsmith isn’t phenomenally useful or profitable doesn’t mean this has to be changed. That would be unfair to all the people who need the weapon.

Who would even use it? Pretty much every Warrior is going to be Fury, there’s better for Ret out there, and… who else uses a 2h spear for its damage? Arms and Ret in PvP are the only two I can think of, and that’s not really a problem.

1 Like

This thing was pretty broken,
had like +15 agility +15 stamina in a world where getting +10 +10 on a single item was a big find.

But I need it for my wing clip/raptor strike stat stick!

1 Like

this guy kinda brings up a good point,
should people really have a free give me top quality weapon ?
apparently it was actually +21 agility and not +15 agility, that’s monstrous.

According to Wowhead:

Ice Barbed Spear:

• White Damage: 29 - 54 (Avg. 11.5)
  • +10 Str, +17 Agil, +16 Stam

Arcanite Reaper:

• White Damage: 26 - 56 (Avg. 11.4)
  • +15 Str, +10 Stam

They are on par for sure. Not sure how it theorycrafts out.

Don’t look at the updated stats for retail. Ignore wowhead for now until they get their classic DB together. Check one of the classic sites out

2 Likes

I am pretty sure that is what happened in classic. Ice Barbed spear became entry level and scrub warriors ( like me) moved on to the incredible PIG HAMMER! (unstoppable force), why would they change that to suit a handful of people who want to return to when Arcanite reaper ruled the day?

If they’re gonna bring Arcanite reaper back to its hey day then they gotta bring back invulnerable mail to it’s hey day too.
/evilgrin

Is it bad that I am fully enjoying these eastern european web pages? Based on only my memory, they seem accurate regarding the stats.

That chestpiece was so surreal on a Shaman before the nerf… Good lord.

I’m ok with this.

IBS wont even be released until AV with phase 3… It will still be really good, but also a lot better out there. Im not sure why you’re complaining. it will be a good 6 or 8 months (assuming about 3 months a phase.) before it even becomes attainable…

This is only an issue, if it’s an issue at all, which it’s not, for Alliance. Horde never wins AV.

itll be months before its even out. Its fine. gives plenty of time for Weaponsmithing to be viable

Wowhead is wrong. If you look at that every single item in wow was added in 1.11 because I believe that’s then wowhead was launched so all previously existing items were “added” in 1.11

Nightfall, annihilator, sulfurous hand of ragnaros. Just to name a few.

2 Likes

WoWhead has been around since before then for sure.

Before that was Thottbot and a couple others but WoWhead was the best…

Ignoring other weapons that will be better (IBS is a great pre-raid, of course), I should mention that IBS is a Polearm. Humans and Orcs will want Swords or Maces, or Axes, respectively. Weapon Skill is VERY important in a lot of ways.

Not completely unreasonable a 60 Orc will stick with Arcanite, or Human with some other weapon.

1 Like