Ice Barbed Spear acquisition question

Unstoppable force. Pretty easy to farm to exalted AV rep during level 51-59 atm.

wouldnt the +%hit still be a benefit for those times when rage isnā€™t available to q HS?
Just something to consider, I know itā€™s smol nitty gritty corner case

This.

HS cancelling simply isnā€™t practical most of the time. If you miss even one BT by a second or two, thatā€™s more DPS loss than perfect HS queue.

If you miss the cancel, and let HS go through by mistake, that will hamper your rage generation massively and will be more of a DPS loss than perfect HS queue.

Also, Iā€™m in the bloodseeker camp. IBS is the best weapon you can obtain pre-60 hands down, but if youā€™re planning on raiding, going DW fury is better anyway, making IBS temporary and not even pre-raid BiS. Itā€™s short term thinking. Bloodseeker is pre-raid BiS and is hard to replace.

Satyr Bow is good but if youā€™re hit capped, Bloodseeker is better.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s exactly the issue with HS queuing. It has a time and a place, absolutely, but itā€™s niche. I will do it occasionally on certain high HP, immobile bosses like Nef, but itā€™s still risky and very easy to mess up and lose DPS if youā€™re not 110% focused. (Definitely not the difference between a 75 and 99 parse though lol.) I can see how someone might get the wrong idea if they joined the fight club discord and read about robot sim HS queuing data and assumed itā€™s the be all and end all, but if you actually put it into practice, thatā€™s just not how it works.

I agree about Bloodseeker being a better pick for absolute raid minmaxing. But to me IBS is more valuable and not just a temporary instant gratification tool this time around because:

1. Based on my own experience and data Iā€™ve run, stacking hit slightly above the minimum soft cap is going to be worthwhile (and satyr a more valuable item than Bloodseeker in that slot for a while) without world buffs and double HP pools on bosses. So I expect Iā€™ll be happy with Satyr until Strikerā€™s or Blastershot and have more hit elsewhere by then, and;
  2. IBS is a nice pickup at 51 not only for convenient leveling but because pre-60 ranking is allowed. If I were nolifing Iā€™d just rush to 60 in 2 days but I canā€™t do that. Being able to grind out some honor in AV and do quests during queues allows me to keep ranking up. Sure you can do this with any weapon, but I wouldnā€™t want to be going up against 60ā€™s with a gatorbite.

Exactly. HS queue has a lot of hype but I know a lot of sweaty 95+ parsing warriors (including myself) and none of them seriously put it into consistent practice.

Letā€™s agree to disagree about Bloodseeker/IBS. :wink:

True, but if you are doing that much AV why not just keep ranking, and enjoy those AVs hitting with the sub 60 weapons lol.

Iā€™m not sure I get your meaning. Nobody is playing anything but AV right now because of the rep, fast queues and decent honor per hour. Especially this weekend as itā€™s AV weekend coming up. The WSG meta should start soon though for organized groups of high rankers who want to beat out the AV bots.

But yeah thatā€™s my plan, to equip unstoppable force at 60 and keep ranking.

Im saying neutral > exalted and the many hours of AV that takes is much more enjoyable when you have ice barb spear as oppose to w/e other 2-hand you had while leveling.

51-60 and then to exalted with AV using ice barb spear is the way to go imo is the whole point Iā€™m making.

Oh, yes I see. Yeah absolutely thatā€™s true, and that was exactly my thinking. Will be exalted well before 60 by the looks of it.

The QoL is too big right now. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever done IBS before because in both Vanilla and Classic, I was 60 and using raid weapons or unstoppable force after AV came out, so I wanted to try IBS one time.

Idgaf if Iā€™m not a meta bloodseeker taker this time around. I rolled a Dwarf and will be raiding in an all dwarf RP guild lol. Weā€™ll see how that goesā€¦

1 Like