I Would Like To RP but . .

I’m a little uncertain of the best course of action to find a community where that is encouraged. I recently had a couple of characters that I transferred to Emerald Dream after having been unsubbed for over a year. The intention was to be involved in RP/WPVP events on the server. It didn’t actually go too well.

So I would like to ask the Wyrmrest Accord RP community - how would you approach your own community if you were in my position?

EDIT: WPVP is no longer something I expect to do in any organized way until Shadowlands is released.

1 Like

My suggestion would be to go to public RP events - the kind you see announced here in the forum. Best way to meet a wide variety of people. Easy to keep IC interactions long or short without leaving a bad impression. Lots of TRPs to check out. Multiple guilds to ask about. See something that looks intriguing you can whisper them or arrange to meet up later.

4 Likes

Keep your eyes open for it.
Stormwind and Orgrimmar are popular hubs, purely for the fact they are the ‘main’ capital cities.
Community events are great, but they can get rather large and difficult to keep up with RP posts/emotes, imo.

1 Like

Good suggestions thank you. I asked a similar question on the Moon Guard forums and so together I think the plan will be to keep it simple and just start at the beginning.

1 Like

As Glaivereaver pointed out the really large events can be overwhelming at first. OTOH there are smaller public events - story circles, tavern nights, what i’d call IC interest checks such as the Chi discussion last night. After you’ve gone to a few of those you’ll likely have a trustworthy companion or two to go to larger events with.

1 Like

Welcome to Wyrmrest Accord!

As people have pointed out, the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar, the Mage Quarter in Stormwind, and almost anywhere in Silvermoon are full of people idling about, waiting for walk ups. There’s also social RP events, like the Stranglethorn Bash going on this weekend.

And tomorrow…

And the day after that…

And after THAT…

And that’s really just some of it. There’s lots of guilds hosting stuff. It doesn’t tend to get advertised as much server-wide, even if it is open to the general public. My own guild has one such event tonight.

I’d also recommend checking out Tumblr and the various Discord servers where people regularly post public events.

Basically, be open and honest about the kind of RP you’re looking for (action, adventure, romance, intrigue, horror, etc) and keep hanging out with people in walk-ups. I suggest trying to come up with a hook, like being a character looking for work of some kind, or looking to help people in a particular area. Eventually you’ll meet characters/players/guilds you click with.

2 Likes