I would like some help in fixing mount summon macro

I use a macro to summon different mounts depending on zone (and if I am in Water). But there’s a snag, maybe perhaps that I using a script to summon my Dragonriding mount, the game doesn’t think that I am mounted. So when I try pressing the macro again, it summons the ground mount instead of just dismounting me.

/run if IsUsableSpell(368896) then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1563) end;
/cast [nomounted, swimming] Subdued Seahorse; [nomounted,flyable] Feldrake;[nomounted] Amethyst Ruinstrider
/dismount [mounted]

I guess a workaround could just drag the actual button for the dragonriding mount to my Dragonriding actionbar instead of trying to use the macro to dismount me. But right now I would think there should be a way to fix this macro?

Thanks.

They added an [advflyable] condition for when you can use dragonriding, so you don’t need to use that first line:

/cast [nomounted, swimming] Subdued Seahorse; [nomounted, advflyable] Highland Drake; [nomounted,flyable] Feldrake;[nomounted] Amethyst Ruinstrider
/dismount [mounted]

If still using IsUsableSpell you will probably want a not IsMounted in there too:

/run if IsUsableSpell(368896) and not IsMounted() then C_MountJournal.SummonByID(1563) end;
/cast [nomounted, swimming] Subdued Seahorse; [nomounted,flyable] Feldrake;[nomounted] Amethyst Ruinstrider
/dismount [mounted]
2 Likes

Thanks, the first macro seems to work well.

I think I need a bit more help with this Macro. I like it, but the “flyable” tag doesn’t seem to account for if the player itself can or can not fly, only if the zone has flying permitted.

So it seems a character < lvl 30 using this macro would summon the flying mount instead of the ground mount.

Is there a function that checks to see if the player is allowed to fly before summoning the flying mount?

I don’t think so, not that I see the purpose of macroing it when you only have 1 mount type available to you. Flying mounts function as ground mounts, so it shouldn’t really matter regardless.

Yes, but I don’t like using Dragon/Drake mounts as Ground mounts.

[known:expert riding] might work, or [noknown:expert riding]

edit: seems to work.
So something like this would summon highland drake if you’re in the dragon isles (not sure how that conditional will work when dragon riding is available in the old world too), red drake if you are level 30+ since expert riding is automatic, and then argent warhorse if the other 2 conditions failed. Can fine tune it how you want.

#showtooltip
/cast [advflyable] Highland Drake; [known: expert riding] Red Drake; Argent Warhorse

1 Like

Thanks, that does work (so far, will need to check again when the character in question reaches lvl 30).

1 Like

Wonderful news, when was this added?

I miss when detailed UI change info was in patch notes.

1 Like

The macro will have to be changed to [known: master riding] when the player reaches lvl 40.

This is such a weird way macros should work. [flyable] should both check whether or not flight is enabled in the current zone and if the player can currently fly or not.

You can use both in the macro so once one is unlearned the other one can still trigger. I didn’t know master riding would replace expert riding.
Using the same example from earlier except using the spellids for master/expert riding
#showtooltip
/cast [advflyable] Highland Drake; [known:90265][known:34090] Red Drake; Argent Warhorse

#showtooltip
/cast [advflyable] Highland Drake; [flyable,known:90265/34090] Red Drake; Argent Warhorse

At the moment, this seems to be working. Haven’t tried it at a higher level yet.

/cast [nomounted, swimming] Subdued Seahorse; [nomounted, advflyable] Winding Slitherdrake; [nomounted, flyable,known:90265/34090]Azure worldchiller;[nomounted] Armored Frostwolf 
/dismount [mounted]

Had to put [nomounted] before the ground mount, otherwise it’d just cycle between the flying mount and the ground mount.

1 Like