I would like a choice to scale all zones

I would like a choice to scale every questing zone to max lvl/ilvl. The reason I am asking for this is going through old content gets really old. One shotting everything you touch isn’t fun for long periods of time.

Currently:
TBC, WoTLk, Cata, Mists, WoD, Legion(not counting mythic raids)…are all like this. That’s a lot of content.

It’s been this way for so long I would never want to take that away from anyone who does enjoy it. So I would like it to be an option via chromie for max levels. This should not be something forced on everyone.

I don’t really think it’s necessary to do anything with dungeons and raids because of time walking. But making this change would make questing a lot more enjoyable at least for me. Maybe I’m alone, but I don’t find pressing holy nova over and over a very fun experience.

I would do this on a exp locked level 59 but I like my main and prefer to play that character. What are your thoughts?

5 Likes

i would like a choice to permanently remove scaling from the game. forever.

6 Likes

The option kind of exists to do the raids in time walking mode. I have actually enjoy doing time walking runs, which are reasonably easy to find on group finder when the event is up

Yes please.

I accidentally played my night elf druid to lvl 60 so she is now locked out of Chromie Time and I can’t continue her adventure unless I want to one-shot thru all the content. Which I don’t.

I am not asking for her to continue to collect experience, just let the content scale to her level.

3 Likes

Yes I feel this needs to be on the horizon.

One point to be made. Between starter DF gear and endgame there is a big item level difference (350 when you hit 70 and 500+ S4).

The worst up scaling content could mean is that it might be around 350 ilvl and it could be capped around that for the respective previous expansion patches too.

Personally I don’t see this as an issue as people doing DF stuff would still be atleast 100 ilvl over.

1 Like

They need to up CT for max level characters for players who want to go run with their main ‘at level’ in old content. that would scale it up to you as far as what CT allows and you wont be one shotting anything.
I dont want them blanketly bringing every part of the old game up to max level so we cant then go farm at all without being in combat 80% of the time.

the way it is now is fine, just let ALL characters use CT regardless of level

2 Likes

This would be fantastic. I’m not sure why they won’t do this.

1 Like

that would be a nice quality of life for people that do enjoy that …

Right now I’m leveling a shammy and doing quest and Dungeons here and there.
My shammy is Resto level 38 and I can still pull multiple mobs like a tank and take them down with no worries so in the grand scheme of things I don’t know how this will help, but hey more choice always better.

The crazy thing is the tech is there. You already can. But you have to group with a character in the level range for the scaling and then scale down to that level. (Party sync)

It shouldn’t take them much effort to just allow us to scale ourselves without the group requirement, since everything is already in place to do so. A condition needs to removed and a UI option needs to be added for solo.

Stuff like this would make a lot of us happy, apparently. I’d love to be able to take one of my max level characters back out into the world, scale down so it feels like I’m actually playing a game and not just some game shark version, and get my neglected achieves like Loremaster and stuff. Or just to play through entire quest chains at level like Suramar, without having to lock my EXP or make a new alt I’m going to abandon.

3 Likes

I suspect the fear is discovering broken items, incredible leveling speed, and gaining a large quality of gold. :robot::sweat_drops:

Got to be another Ion control thing. lol.
I say that because you can get around it by firing up another account and using party sync to do it anyway…if there is an easy work around then why not just let us do it since it CLEARLY isnt affecting anything?
Seems its more a control issue thing than anything that actually matters

guaranteed Ion and crew will come up with some lame excuse why they cant do it, but Im calling crap on that if they do. Being able to work around with party sync says its possible…TWing dungeons says its possible…theres no valid reason why we cant just run our 70s in CT at level.
For me it doesnt matter, I like to keep a long list of characters locked in old content anyway…but for those one character sort of players, this would be something they might actually use.

Chromie Time will extend to level sixty-nine (nice) in The War Within, so wait a few months.

… That doesn’t help me at all. My character is already 70?

Then wait for Midnight in a little over two years.

They don’t want people hanging out in old content. They want them in new content to boost participation numbers.

I love this idea but I know if they did it would open a flood gate of wonky bugs like every time they do a level squish.

Lots of things won’t scale right and will insta kill you or won’t do anything like they intended. And then the non stop yowling on the forums to go through everything and fix it all and the sheer amount of time that would take to chase down every single bug you just finished creating. I wouldn’t push for that idea if I worked for them.

So long as it’s optional and remains that way, then sure, why not.

knowing how they did the other level/stat squishes/scaling…what do you think the answer is.

Yeah…I’m fully aware. :sweat_smile: